D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Wounding blade broken?

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Super_Nerd said:
I want to know what you guys think and if it is to powerful how could it be modified.

IMC (warning Will Robinson, House Rule ahead!) blood drains do STR damage first, and then CON damage once all STR has gone (I didn't like the ease with which stirges and dire weasels would kill things otherwise, and blood loss seems to fit better with increasing weakness rather than increasing vulnerability to death by sword blows and poison...).

So IMC a wounding weapon would be doing 2 STR damage with every blow - which is useful but not as fatal as CON damage would be.

(end of House Rules diversion. Robot falls silent)

Cheers

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
Re: Re: [3.5] Wounding blade broken?

Plane Sailing said:

IMC (warning Will Robinson, House Rule ahead!) blood drains do STR damage first, and then CON damage once all STR has gone (I didn't like the ease with which stirges and dire weasels would kill things otherwise, and blood loss seems to fit better with increasing weakness rather than increasing vulnerability to death by sword blows and poison...).

So IMC a wounding weapon would be doing 2 STR damage with every blow - which is useful but not as fatal as CON damage would be.

(end of House Rules diversion. Robot falls silent)

Cheers

Wow Plane Sailing, from a roleplaying perspective that is a wicked House Rule. The guy has his blood drained to the point where he is too weak to move, then whatever drained it keeps feeding on his limp body while he is still alive. That would be have to be one of the worst ways to die I could possibly imagine.

It is utterly horrifying to imagine. Cool House rule.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Re: Re: Re: [3.5] Wounding blade broken?

Celtavian said:

It is utterly horrifying to imagine. Cool House rule.

Hey, I'm an official Rat Bastard DM... who else would depower something to make it more horrific :D

oh, they keep sucking at your helpless body in the shadows. Your friends are so near but can't hear your feeble cries. You are fading, fading...

Remove ads