• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5e: Area effect spells of Poison or Phantasm

Shin Okada

Explorer
I am looking for area effect spells with poison effect or Phantasm descriptor, for a Duergar wizard. As Duergars are immune to those effects, he can freely include his minions in the area of spells.

My current list is,

Cloudkill (poison)
Cone of Dimness (Phantasm, SC)
Malevolent Miasma (poison, SC)

Do you know more spells useful for this purpose?

Last edited:

I am looking for area effect spells with poison effect or Phantasm descriptor, for a Duergar wizard. As Duergars are immune to those effects, he can freely include his minions in the area of spells.

My current list is,

Cloudkill (poison)
Cone of Dimness (Phantasm, SC)
Malevolent Miasma (Phantasm, SC)

Do you know more spells useful for this purpose?
I'm going to guess 3.5, but you may want to include the edition in the title.

If so, this may be a helpful link:

http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/spells.htm

Greenfield

Adventurer
Stinking Cloud comes to mind right away.

And, though I'd have to check to be sure, I think that a number of the higher end Illusion spells are Illusion/Phantasm types. Is that what you're looking for?

Shin Okada

Explorer
Stinking Cloud comes to mind right away.

I thought that spell first, too. But reading the description of the spell, I found that Stinking Cloud is not mentioned to be poisonous nor venomous.

And, though I'd have to check to be sure, I think that a number of the higher end Illusion spells are Illusion/Phantasm types. Is that what you're looking for?

Yes, that type of spells.

Remove ads