• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3rd printing of core books?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilref

Explorer
Its certainly possible that they shorted the print runs to increase demand.

No, no it's not.

Do some research and you'll see how utterly ridiculous that statement is.

4e had a 50% bigger print run than 3.5, which had a bigger print run than 3.0. And it's already outsold both of them (neither had reprinted by this point) and outsold the first year of 2e.

On top of that, shorting a print run in the (RPG) industry when the margins are so small is financial stupidity. You want your print run to be as large as possible for the economy of scale.

Last edited:

Sunderstone

First Post
Providing they arent lying about numbers or sales to portray that its selling better than people would believe.
These numbers are from WotC after all, lol.

It's not like TSR never lied about this kind of stuff way back. NO. Perish the thought. ;)

evilref

Explorer
Providing they arent lying about numbers or sales to portray that its selling better than people would believe.
These numbers are from WotC after all, lol.

WotC is owned by Hasbro, which is a publicly traded company. Lying about sales performance leads to bad things(tm).

Do you have any evidence to substantiate your supposition, or are you just saying it for the sake of a cheap shot?

Are you going to go on to claim that both Amazon and the New York Times lied about the game's sales as well?

Last edited:

Sunderstone

First Post
WotC is owned by Hasbro, which is a publicly traded company. Lying about sales performance leads to bad things(tm).

Do you have any evidence to substantiate your supposition, or are you just saying it for the sake of a cheap shot?

Are you going to go on to claim that both Amazon and the New York Times lied about the game's sales as well?

Take it the way you want, I could care less. Im just saying that its been done before and it wasnt until after TSR was gone that folks found out about it. The possibilty exists and it wouldnt be the first time.
In any event, I just play the RPGs, print runs and sales number crunching doesnt interest me in the least. Some posters make it their business as if they worked at these companies as execs and/or shareholders.

evilref

Explorer
In any event, I just play the RPGs, print runs and sales number crunching doesnt interest me in the least. Some posters make it their business as if they worked at these companies as execs and/or shareholders.

If it doesn't interest you at all then why suggest that employees at WotC are lying?

Sunderstone

First Post
If it doesn't interest you at all then why suggest that employees at WotC are lying?
I find these threads amusing for the reason I stated above. Such concerns from players over sales numbers as if they had a stake in it, or would profit directly from the sales.
Reread what I wrote before you try to bait me (or continue trying to).

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Such concerns from players over sales numbers as if they had a stake in it, or would profit directly from the sales.

Gamers always have an interest in sales numbers. A game they like that is selling well is more likely to get further support, which many people think is good for the game. Compare with the music industry, which is obssessed with sales and charts, and the fact that consumers share that interest. And look at the interest in console hardware sales as well.

Sales numbers are interesting to many, many people in wildly different business, and play an important part in the continued success of a product.

/M

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads