• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4 new "base" classes?

Papa-DRB

First Post
The Paizo boards and Blog are down (grumble).

Did anyone hear about what the 4 new "base" classes are that was supposed to be announced during the 5PM seminar today?

-- david
Papa.DRB

Base == 20 level class, *not* Core

kitsune9

Adventurer
The Paizo boards and Blog are down (grumble).

Did anyone hear about what the 4 new "base" classes are that was supposed to be announced during the 5PM seminar today?

-- david
Papa.DRB

Base == 20 level class, *not* Core

I know that they were announcing some new classes, but don't know either. I wonder if they are going to go for "over the top--woohoo" or maybe some takes on more commonly heard of classes?

Hopefully someone at the con can send us a text!

Papa-DRB

First Post
Paizo is back... Someone just posted.

Book: Advanced PHB.

Classes: Cavalier, Monster Creating Arcane Type temporarily called "Summoner," Crazy Alchemy Class, and an Oracle.

-- david
Papa.DRB

kitsune9

Adventurer
Paizo is back... Someone just posted.

Book: Advanced PHB.

Classes: Cavalier, Monster Creating Arcane Type temporarily called "Summoner," Crazy Alchemy Class, and an Oracle.

-- david
Papa.DRB

YEEEESSSSS! Sounds like a Unearthed Arcana to me. I love those kinds of books. Any word on when it's due out?

Papa-DRB

First Post
lol and the boards are back...

By Kyle Baird...

"oops, Around May Bestiary 2. GENCON 2010, adv. phb. big news is APHB will be an OPEN PLAYTEST! (on iPhone, so forgive typing)"

-- david
Papa.DRB

Rokes

First Post
Erik mentioned they will likely be beaten to the punch on psionics but they will very likely do them, eventually.

Please realize the names are only very vague representations of what the class concepts really are (This ain't yo momma's Alchemist (think Dr. Jekyl instead))

Here's Erik's post on Paizo.com:

Folks,

We're going to post summaries of development so far on these classes when we get back in the office on Tuesday. A lot of the conclusions people are making based on the name (that the oracle is just about divining the future, that the cavalier is based on horses, that the alchemist is an artificer clone) are not very accurate.

I would explain now, but we are off to the local all-you-can-eat Brazilian steakhouse to celebrate our most successful Gen Con so far and the most successful product launch at the show.

More very soon. I am VERY excited about these new classes, and I think most of you will be too!

Shazman

Banned
Banned
I am very disappointed in these base classes. Most of them seem like they are just rehashes of 3.5 prestige classes that weren't very good or necessary to begin with. Why not blackguard at least? They said it should be a base class instead of a prestige class. Shouldn't it be the first new base class to help with backward compatability?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads