4e Adventure Path NPC Names

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
OK, so we'd already had the debacle that was Sir Keegan in Keep on the Shadowfell (for those not aware of the problem, please reference the picture below of well-known soccer player Kevin Keegan in his playing days:

keegan-hamburg.jpg

Now, last night in Thunderspire Labyrinth my players met Murkelmor, Duergar Battle Leader and rock-hard nasty boss character. He's a Paladin of Asmodeus, he's got a huge flaming axe etc etc.

So, here I am, announcing his name and everything, playing up how nasty he is and how powerful, and how scornful of the PC's he is and how he's going to capture them, sell them to Mind Flayers and laugh whilst they have their brains consumed. The usual villain spiel.

Combat starts, and as the turn comes around to Khynal, playing the human Wizard Theron, he looks up and says "I target the big guy, uh, whathisname, Michael Moore?"

That would be this guy:

michaelmoore.jpg

Not quite the hideous nasty villain I was aiming for, really.

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
I think he's rather terrifying. I'm scared of fatbeards!

I learnt some time ago to practise saying various names out loud before the game session just to make sure that I'm not about to have my Anti-Paladin of Ultimate Doom renamed into something more reminiscent of Sesame Street.

La Bete

First Post
I particularly liked:

"I Markey Mark Michael Moore."

Heh.

Though what did you expect since we've been referring to the Duergar as "durga-durga?" (ala Team America)

vagabundo

Adventurer
I had to change the names in H1, Keegan (surname) and Padraig (first name) are way too popular here.

Kar-ra-lar-a-al, huh??...

Aran Thule

First Post
Don't blame me, if we had let him live he might have produced a documentary on pesky adventurers and how they are a bane on society.

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
(snip) Though what did you expect since we've been referring to the Duergar as "durga-durga?" (ala Team America)

I live in a house in Singapore with between 8 and 12 Filipina bar girls at any one time. When they're relaxing they, naturally enough, speak their own dialect. My only contribution at these times is "durka durka" from Team America: World Police. They usually find it a lot funnier after they actually watch the movie.... ;)

Remove ads