• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4e articles on Tharizdun?

Kwalish Kid

Explorer
Tharizdun is so good at his portfolio of desctruction that he destroyed his 4E presence. Many of the 4E articles that used to exist simply ceased to be. And for the rest of them, he destroyed his 4E image by including the bound-by-Lolth thing.

Dr_Ruminahui

First Post
The new(ish) Underdark book has tons of stuff on him, and a page on his relationship with Lolth. Can't remember most of what that page said, but I don't think there was anything about Lolth being his jailer. That said, the Drow and the followers of the King that Crawls have very different takes on the relationship between the 2 Gods - followers of Lolth claiming that their God bested Tharizdun, the followers of Tharizun claiming that Lolth (and therefore the Drow) exists at Tharizdun's sufference. Tharizdun did at some point wipe out the main drow city, but why he did that and why he hasn't done so with other Drow cities is unclear.

Sorry for the lack of detail - I have my own cosmology for my campaign, so reading about the shenanigans of Gods in the 4e canon really only serves as potential inspiration and for ideas that I might swipe for my own use.

Jack99

Adventurer
Thanks for pointing out all passages and also thanks for all the links. I think I have collected everything now.

If WotC is reading this, an Dungeon article would be nice ;)

Cheers

Remove ads