• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4E Campaign Announcement Time/Date

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I think the old schoolers who do not play 4E will be drawn in by a 4E Greyhawk and those who do play will mostly be skeptical about its implementation should it come to pass. There are probably fewer entrenched old schoolers in regard to Mystara.

Rechan

Adventurer
Making it Greyhawk will make no new friends. Greyhawk is incredibly difficult to make, since it's got a lot of lore at different periods. It's another "Kitchen Sink" world, with not a whole lot new stuff to offer. Not to mention it's not got a "gimmick" to hang its hat on. And I'd wager that most of the Greyhawk fans are still sticking with 3e.

WotC, I feel, cannot win with making Greyhawk. They're not going to pull Greyhawk fans into 4e, and they're more than likely going to anger those that like the setting.

Hawke

Explorer
It isn't Dragonlance.

Well there you go!

I thought early on they stated FR, Eb, NEW... I think with all the newness of 4E there deserves to be a setting to embrace all it's glory w/o having to retcon or advance timelines, etc. As much as I want Dark Sun (unlikely) I think 2010 New 2011 Dark Sun would be the way to go.

Mercutio01

First Post
It isn't Dragonlance.

Cheers,
Cam
I wondered when Cam would pop in. I would feel badly if WotC ripped the Dragonlance world away from Margaret Weis Productions. I think Cam and the others at MWP did a far better job on Dragonlance as a campaign setting than TSR did. I certainly purchased more DL material from them.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
If it's not DL, my best guess is Greyhawk.

I am very much hoping it isn't Dark Sun, though. There's a 75% chance of a 4e Dark Sun setting making me quite angry. ;) 25% chance they'll pull it off, I guess.

Aloïsius

First Post
Dark Sun... We want it my precious.... And we don't care about the cruel grognards with their glowing eyes, no, we don't care at all ! :devil:

Remove ads