D&D 4E 4e classes and mechanics for other settings

neceros

Adventurer
Uh, yes?

I immediately required a d20 Modern -> 4e conversion. The new rules would work incredibly well for a non-fantasy setting.

The_Gneech

Explorer
I had in mind to do a Crimson Skies campaign with d20 Modern but got quagmired in mechanics and gave up on it.

I am now giving serious consideration to using SWSE instead ... drop the Jedi class, tweak the vehicle stats, and the work is mostly done already.

To that end, as SWSE was described as being something of a 4E test bed, that's going to be the main thing I look for in 4E, is the ability to kitbash it into other things. I just worry that there may be an inherent "Flash-bang!" factor in the assumed class abilities that will make it incompatible with anything that's not superheroic in nature.

-The Gneech :cool:

arscott

First Post
But the standardized progressions should make it easier to Uniformly tone down the class powers. You'll have to do a bit of balance tweaking, but that's true whenever you muck about with stuff.

rushtong

Explorer
Here's hoping that the new system offers exactly this feature of class construction transparency. I've always wanted to revise/update the classes in the 3.0 Wheel of Time book, especially the channeler classes (I never really liked the slot system for channelers). I'm very interested to see if this will be a worthwhile attempt with 4E.

Remove ads