• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E [4e Clone] Eliminating the 5MWD without APs?

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I've toyed with this in many different iterations. Here's something I wrote almost 2 years ago when I was working on it. Part 1 and 2 are background information that works out how and why the 4e systems works the way it does. Part 3 has the injury mechanics.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Hope this inspires you to use it if you've been looking for a way to do injuries.

Hmmm the takes something significant when it goes below zero is very much a call back to 1e rules (in 1e at that point 1 week recovery was required even if your cleric fixed hit point loss.. ie you were still very much wounded even if you had full hit points).

D'karr

Adventurer
Hmmm the takes something significant when it goes below zero is very much a call back to 1e rules (in 1e at that point 1 week recovery was required even if your cleric fixed hit point loss.. ie you were still very much wounded even if you had full hit points).

Sure, if I remember correctly going below -3 was the threshold. The subsystem I created just adds options for the DM to include short-term and long-term injuries, if it fits within the scope of his campaign/adventure/session.

I particularly do not recommend using these unless the DM really understands what he is trying to accomplish with the use of "wounds/injuries".

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Sure, if I remember correctly going below -3 was the threshold. The subsystem I created just adds options for the DM to include short-term and long-term injuries, if it fits within the scope of his campaign/adventure/session.

I particularly do not recommend using these unless the DM really understands what he is trying to accomplish with the use of "wounds/injuries".

My idea for wounds is very cinematic involved voluntary taking of a wound in return for not actually loosing the immediate hit points... this wound is as a recurring condition...which recurs when your first roll badly on your turn (or maybe even roll too high)

C4

Explorer
From what I'm reading, I'd not throw it out - also I, personnaly, really like it. (so, it's not like I'm not skewing anything with my personnal agenda or anything... I'd NEVER do that... ok, maybe, but possibly not; eh, who am I kidding, I'm pushing it as hard as the guy his sister into the pool in the popular vine compilation.)
Glad you like it; my level 1 dailies at least are all stance-like!

And hey, did you pay up the 500 gp to resurrect this thread? ;)

Remove ads