D&D 4E 4E - DCC at Gen Con

Man-thing

First Post
It seems Goodman Games is going to have three DCC modules for 4E available for sale at Gen Con. Any speculation how this is possible?

BarakO

First Post
Man-thing said:
It seems Goodman Games is going to have three DCC modules for 4E available for sale at Gen Con. Any speculation how this is possible?

Must be they're going to be freebies. The Oct date is for products that are for sale.

cdrcjsn

First Post
Man-thing said:

I thought they had a Sept 1st date?

That's after GenCon but certainly still before others publishers (other than WotC).

Perhaps them coordinating free RPG day garnered them enough good will that they were able to work a side deal? I doubt they'll talk about it though (but speculation sure is fun!).

Obryn

Hero
It may be an error in marketing.

It may be that they've reached a deal with WotC.

It may be statless.

I dunno. :) But I love many modules in the DCC series. Not all of them, but many of them are solid and fun.

-O

Man-thing

First Post
I was thinking about that. Since the GSL doesn't allow you to use any mechanics, couldn't you write a 4e module with the OGL really easily.

Drop your monster stats and make your encounters larger.

Shroomy

Adventurer
n'haaz-aua said:
No need to speculate. I would suggest reading in the GG forums about it.

Is there a post that I'm missing (I have to admit, I don't frequent the GG boards), because the last word from Joseph Goodman was lacking details on how he was going about this?

Remove ads