D&D 4E 4E Essentials: Dungeon Masters's Kit in Hand

So specifics about magic items, from everything I have read there is no longer a restriction on the usage of daily powers on items. So you don't have to wait for milestones to use powers on items. If you got em...you can use them.

So I noted that Gauntlets of Ogre Power have changed. They are much better in my opinion

Its power now states "Power (Daily): Minor Action. You gain a +2 power bonus to melee damage rolls until the end of the encounter."

Let me do some more comparisons and I will list if any of the other rare items got upgrades.

I dunno..that doesn't really come across as being all that impressive to me.

Hopefully the other ones make me say: "That's awesome!"

korton01

First Post
So here is the Staff of the Magi

Lvl 15 +3, goes to Lvl 30 +6
Implement (Staff)
Enhancement: Attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: +1d6 per enhancement bonus
Property: You gain an item bonus to Arcana Checks equal to the staff's enhancement bonus.
Power (Encounter): Minor Action. An adjacent conjuration or zone is destroyed. All its effects end, including those that would normally last until a target saves.
Power (Daily): Free Action. You regain the use of an expended arcane encounter power of the Staff's level or lower.
Power (Daily * Zone): Minor Action. You create a zone in a close burst 2. The zone lasts until the end of the encounter and remains centered on you when you move. As a move action, you can slide each creature within the zone 3 squares.

Not a bad item.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
So specifics about magic items, from everything I have read there is no longer a restriction on the usage of daily powers on items. So you don't have to wait for milestones to use powers on items. If you got em...you can use them.

So I noted that Gauntlets of Ogre Power have changed. They are much better in my opinion

Its power now states "Power (Daily): Minor Action. You gain a +2 power bonus to melee damage rolls until the end of the encounter."

Both excellent changes IMO :)

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Sorry to repeat a question previeously asked, but I didn't see it answered. Is there any more about awarding treasure, especially something akin to treasure parcels, or do we just have random treasure tables?

nookiemonster

First Post
(Re: Gauntlets of Ogre Power) I dunno..that doesn't really come across as being all that impressive to me.

Better than they are now, I think (+5 damage to one melee hit, once per day). Given that they are likely to be going to a low-level character when they appear (like, say, level 1 or 2), a +2 damage bonus to all damage rolls for one encounter is likely to be a nice bonus for several levels. For example, a slayer could use Poised Assault (+1 to attack rolls) instead of the other stance which gives +2 power bonus to damage, and have it both ways, while the Warpriest is buffing another character's damage with his powers rather than buffing the Slayer. Good for Big Bad Boss encounters, when every point of damage helps.

Obergnom

First Post
So, with the Gauntlets of Ogre Power being rare and giving a +2 to damage rolls for one encounter, can we expect the Iron Armbands of Power to change? Or will Wizards simply act as if they do not exist, as they are not part of the essentials?

Remove ads