• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[4e] IG's The Witchlight Strand [OOC]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Alrighty, I'll review the story materials you've given and such and try to get a concept up in the next few days(I hope there isn't a rush).

My initial ideas at the moment aren't very solid (I'm still new to 4E and looking to try different things[with the PHB and PHB2, those are my two sourcebooks]) but I'm thinking of trying a leader or controller type, if anyone has any particular preferences on the mechanical side. I'm sure I'll be able to tie it into the IC.

Edit: I'm reviewing the wiki now, but am having trouble locating the relevant sections. Which area is it that would give information on the immediate setting of this adventure? If I missed it, apologies in advance.

The Witchlight Strand This is the general area you'll be adventuring in. The Witchlight phenomenon is currently in full effect at this point. Take that how you will...

Port Magalie This is the city you're starting out in. In particular, the current group is partaking in the celebration at The Wyvern's Nest, as indicated on the map.

The image of the Wyvern's Nest building was done by 12rounds, another extremely talented CG member. The maps of the Witchlight Strand and Port Magalie were created by yours truly. You can tell I've still got some learning to do. :)

While you're at it, check out the regions of Thrubmorten Fens and the Tawaren Basin, by Redrobes and Midgardsormr respectively. Some wicked talent there.

Voda Vosa

First Post
I just hope I would have seen this early. Seems you got the spots filled for the moment, so I respectfully bow out. Would have loved to play one of your games. Anyhow, you already have three first class players reaping each other's ears out, so I think you'll be just fine!

Good gaming, VV

Shayuri

First Post
I think. Of course we are playing with Shayuri... might have to treat it like a party of ten just to come out even. ;)

Was that a jab? Heee!

Okay, looking at this we have:

Rogue
Wizard
Barbarian
Druid
??

Assuming the others from the previous incarnation of the game continue to not join.

That's 2 strikers and 2 controllers, and 1 unidentified.

I may need to revise my submission then, so as to not step on toes, and establish a missing role.

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Was that a jab? Heee!

Okay, looking at this we have:

Rogue
Wizard
Barbarian
Druid
??

Assuming the others from the previous incarnation of the game continue to not join.

I may need to revise my submission then, so as to not step on toes, and establish a missing role.

Well, I'm willing to adjust to fill a niche, I'd just like to avoid classes or class/race combo's I've already created elsewhere. Which are: Dragonborn Warden, Dragonborn Sorcerer, Half-Elf Feylock. So, I was going to try to look at the 'roles' I didn't fill there and see how I liked them (and hopefully find a concept that jumps out at me). So, if there's something we're hurting on, I can switch, as long as I can try something besides those three there, I'll be fine.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Was that a jab? Heee!

Maybe a small one...

Well, I'm willing to adjust to fill a niche, I'd just like to avoid classes or class/race combo's I've already created elsewhere. Which are: Dragonborn Warden, Dragonborn Sorcerer, Half-Elf Feylock. So, I was going to try to look at the 'roles' I didn't fill there and see how I liked them (and hopefully find a concept that jumps out at me). So, if there's something we're hurting on, I can switch, as long as I can try something besides those three there, I'll be fine.

A leader would be good. We're a bit sparse on healing at the moment.

-IG

renau1g

First Post

Well, I might just have to try a fighter or a paladin... man this is a tough choice. There's too many classes to play, not nearly enough time.

Hmmm.... I'll cover the defender role regardless, the paladin might be good to add some secondary healing.

Theroc

First Post
Hm... I don't want to push the envelope too much on races, so I'll double check. Which races are ones you really do NOT wish to see? I am thinking Dragonborn is one.

At the moment I am looking at an Inspiring Warlord or a 'Bear' Shaman to fill the leader role.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Hm... I don't want to push the envelope too much on races, so I'll double check. Which races are ones you really do NOT wish to see? I am thinking Dragonborn is one.

At the moment I am looking at an Inspiring Warlord or a 'Bear' Shaman to fill the leader role.

You are correct. Dragonborn are the main one. Teifling would be the other, though I'd be more open to exceptions with the teifling than the dragonborn.

Remove ads