• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E Miniatures

draquila

First Post
Games Empire. In Marsfield

Games Empire - Games Hobbies & Collectables (Powered by CubeCart)

I'm in Tassie, few gaming shops here but these guys ship within the week.

It seems to be pretty hard to find specific miniatures. Why are all the dragonborn miniatures so expensive??

I'm trying to construct this party:

1. dragonborn warlord (M)
  2. orc fighter (M)
  3. human ranger (bow) (M)
  4. eladrin wizard (F)
  5. tiefling warlock (F)
And not having much success, besides the human ranger :erm:

Jools

First Post
They don't always have what you want but I recommend Auggies. I'm pretty sure they're the cheapest in North America. They've done me well over the last two years.

Hawkeye

First Post
It seems to be pretty hard to find specific miniatures. Why are all the dragonborn miniatures so expensive??

I'm trying to construct this party:

1. dragonborn warlord (M)
  2. orc fighter (M)
  3. human ranger (bow) (M)
  4. eladrin wizard (F)
  5. tiefling warlock (F)
And not having much success, besides the human ranger :erm:

I can remember walking into a store and saying "I need a dozen goblins" and getting what I needed, instead of having to buy like 12 packs to get what I want and end up with a couple hundred other minis I might not need. I wish WOTC could find a way to do that. :erm:

Hawkeye

Jhaelen

First Post
I can remember walking into a store and saying "I need a dozen goblins" and getting what I needed, instead of having to buy like 12 packs to get what I want and end up with a couple hundred other minis I might not need. I wish WOTC could find a way to do that. :erm:
What's keeping you from doing exactly that? And what has WotC to do with that? It's not as if they have a monopoly on the mini market. The last time I walked into a store to buy minis, WotC didn't even sell any (and neither did they have anything to do with D&D, but I digress).

Polar_Atom

First Post
On the subject...

Hey, I'm DMing the H1, H2 Modules in my game up here in -dreary, depressing- Scotland with little access to anything D&D. All of my stuff has to be bought over the internet and minis are terribly expensive.

I was hoping someone could give me good ideas for alternative minis, I'm considering using chess pieces for some, but I was wondering if there are any obvious alternatives I'm missing.

(P.S. I have PCs from a D&D board game I received some years ago, so that's all good and well)

deadsmurf

First Post
Well, the D&D Essentials game is going to have tokens to use as minis - as will the Monster Vault.
Give those a try when they're released?

Zaran

Adventurer
Since all of my 4E gaming has been PBP, I haven't been keeping up with the state of 4E miniatures. My old gaming group is getting back together to play and I am going to be DMing. I know that WOTC had been putting them out, but they have been treating them like Magic cards with booster packs etc... What is a good source for miniatures?

Hawkeye

Reaper sells mini's online but I don't know if they have a full line of monsters. We usually use minis for the PCs and tiles for the monsters.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads