• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E products you'd like to see released

The Complete TPK - a book of truly aweful, within-the-rules scenarios for killing off your party.

Which is a roundabout, surly way of saying "nothing". I have so much available too me now for 3.0/3.5, what more could I use? (Yes, it's a question of use versus need or even want now.)

Aeolius

Adventurer
Since I doubt we'll see them in 3.5e:
- Races of Water
- the Hydronomicon
- Complete Aquan
- Waterscape

And add:
- Tome of Magic II: Hag Magic

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Aeolius said:
Since I doubt we'll see them in 3.5e:
- Races of Water
- the Hydronomicon
- Complete Aquan
- Waterscape

And add:
- Tome of Magic II: Hag Magic
An expanded Stormwrack-like book seems likely, eventually.

You might go throw rocks at the Green Ronin guys and see if they'll do something like this for Freeport. Their Creatures of Freeport 3.5E book in particular was very swell.

thundershot

Adventurer
Encyclopedia of PC Races

I don't care what they call it, but grab up every race that's remotely playable, and give it starting racial stats, some racial advancements, and racial feats. And lots of background fluff for each race.

Oh, and don't forget to include Rakasta, Lupin, Tortle, and Giff. GIFF I SAY!

Which also leads me to..

Instruments of Destruction: Book of Guns for D&D (or whatever, I suck at names)

Some people DO like having gunpowder in their campaigns, and I'm one of them. And let's not forget about them Giff.. :D

Chris

Wik

First Post
JVisgaitis said:
Dark Sun!!!

Seconded.

Really, I like the idea of "Book of Lairs". I remember running a 1e/2e game in the sixth grade for about eight people using pretty much only Book of Lairs I & II, and it was a load of fun. A book like that would be excellent.

I'd like to see some sort of book that addresses low-magic or "gritty" campaigns being released by wotc. Or something like the Campaign Historical Supplements like TSR put out - Glory of Rome and all that. I loved those books, and I think wotc would be able to put out an amazing one. Doubt that would happen, though.

A campaign supplement to help you make your own homebrews. Everything from drawing the map to populating it to linking adventures and whatnot. wotc has never really done a "homebrewing" book.

Unearthed Arcana, like the 3.5 book. Variant rules, made OGL. One of my favourite RPG books ever, and probably the best purchase I ever made from wotc.

exile

First Post
I would love to see a revision of a lot of the old 2nd ed. Campaign settings, Planescape and Dark Sun being my favorites. Al-Qadim is right in there too, but a part of me can't help but wonder if it wouldn't be better released under a different name (Al-Qadim sounding a tad much like a terrorist organization).

I would like to see each of these campaign settings alternated with new ones and released as single hardback books, followed with an adventure path (consisting of about 12 paperback modules). The question then arises for me, if we're getting a new campaign setting each year, how much support is given to the setting from the previous year? The year before that? The best answer that I can come up with is that each year, a supermodule of some sort should be released for the existing campaign settings. Couple that with lots of juicy online support and plenty of new material in the Core2,3,4... books, and I'll be pretty happy.

Chad

JoelF

First Post
I don't have any special requests for 4E, but I would request FEWER products per year. My single biggest complaint about 3E and 3.5 especially is that they came out with just too many products in a year. That's my theory on why sales were down on non-core books - most games simply didn't have the budget for all the goodness coming out. I'm sure that there's others who disagree, but I know I had to pick and choose which of the products I wanted the most, and hoped I could find others used or just simply not get some stuff I wanted. I'm not suggesting to keep the product line up down to 3 a year, but 18 hardcovers a year is just too much - I think 10 or so would be a good amount.

This could also serve to keep the lifecycle of 4E longer - there's a certain amount of product you can come out with before you finish the obvious updates from previous editions, and then start to have to come out with compilations, etc. If you had fewer products per year, then you have more years before 5E is on the horizon.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads