D&D 4E 4e requires a battlemat, and I'm okay with it

MaelStorm

First Post
WyzardWhately said:
Don't get D&D minis just to play the RPG with, they're too high. Find an old copy of heroquest, or a clearance copy of heroscape, or something like that. Or buy those cheapass little army guys, or any other random plastic toy. That's what they did when D&D first started out.
Thanks for the advice. I looking forward to buy some plastic army soldiers for minions as it's much cheaper than anything else.
If your players want their PCs to look good, they should be bringing their own anyway.
That's their business, of course. They can choose whatever they want, but I have some minis for them in case they forgot theirs.

WyzardWhately

First Post
MaelStorm said:
Thanks for the advice. I looking forward to buy some plastic army soldiers for minions as it's much cheaper than anything else.
That's their business, of course. They can choose whatever they want, but I have some minis for them in case they forgot theirs.

Yeah, my players love it when I show up with all kinds of random plastic crap. In fact, sometimes I even tailor the adventure to what I've got handy. I'm lucky, though. Topeka, KS, has an *awesome* toy store, so I can buy all kinds of bags of little dinosaurs, bugs, junk like that.

Remove ads