• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4e Rulebook for DDM is up!

mhensley said:
HP-80: Assuming that the Warlord gets a D8 HD, in 3.5 with +4 Con mod (the card shows that he has a +4 mod to Fort Saves) he would have 12 + (8.5 x 11) = 105.5 hit points!
I reckon the +4 to fort saves is a dwarf racial trait, not related to CON. Seems like the CON bonus to HP ignored in DDM, which I think is weird- does it do that in 1E?
mhensley said:
Damage 20: 1d8 (4.5 average ~ 5) + Str(2) + Specializations(2) + Magic(3) = 12. He must be getting some other bonuses somewhere.
Damage 15 w/crossbow: 1d10 (5.5 average ~ 6) = 6 + Magic Weapon(2) = 8. How is this damage so high?
+1 damage per 2 levels? adds 6 to both:
melee: 12+6=18 round up to 20
ranged: 8+6=14 round up to 15?
edit: sorry D_E already said it, damn my slow net connection ;)

Last edited:

Ondo

First Post
Dragonblade said:
I like the saving throw mechanic. Your Save Defense determines whether you get affected at all, and then every round you have a 50% chance to overcome any ongoing effect. Its simple and elegant.
That rule is simple and elegant, and I also like it. Unfortunately it's not the DDM rule, which gives a 55% chance to overcome an effect each turn, plus a small additional chance for every other ongoing effect (on the same creature, presumably, though the rules don't seem to specify).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads