D&D 4E 4E WotC Tools dead?

RedSiegfried

First Post
Somewhat annoyed. Still can't get to the tools. If I go to dndinsider.com it reroutes me to ddi.wizards.com, but then the page can't be displayed. I can ping dndinsider.com but I can't ping ddi.wizards.com.

Somewhat annoyed. Still can't get to the tools. If I go to dndinsider.com it reroutes me to ddi.wizards.com, but then the page can't be displayed. I can ping dndinsider.com but I can't ping ddi.wizards.com.

Hey Red. Long time! Yeah, there must be some weird internet issues involved. Chances are it isn't WotC's fault at that level, and it probably WILL clear up. Maybe they can kick someone into action if you drop them a complaint.

Following the link in the article about the tools moving, I get "Problem loading page". At http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/insider, I'm on the Insider page, but getting "Wizards login not available right now"...

Seriously, does nobody at the company have a high school kid in the family they can bribe to fix this crap? lol

Yeah, everyone needs to go here http://ddi.wizards.com/?source=/DDiTools.aspx because the page you're pointing to doesn't actually work. All the buttons for the various tools just redirect you back to the general dnd.wizards.com instead of going to any tools. The link I gave here will put you on a login page that seems to actually work, and from there to the real working DDI page at http://ddi.wizards.com/DDiTools.aspx (now, maybe this also doesn't work for everyone, but its not broken per-se, I can bring up the CB for sure, and the Compendium is at its normal location and seems to work OK, but you can also link to it through here).

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
Seems to be browser-dependent, too. It didn't work on a private Computer running SRWare Iron (un-Googled Chrome), but did so with IE on the same machine, at the same time. Curious error message, which refers to DNS Errors. Hmmh.

Seems to be browser-dependent, too. It didn't work on a private Computer running SRWare Iron (un-Googled Chrome), but did so with IE on the same machine, at the same time. Curious error message, which refers to DNS Errors. Hmmh.

Yeah, I'm a Linux guy, so all I use is FireFox with Pipelight. I'm not sure CB will even work on Windows Chrome anymore, didn't Google remove all those plugins? I don't tend to use Chrome THAT much.

darkbard

Legend
Yes, to the best of my knowledge Firefox is the only current browser that supports Silverlight and, thus, the CB. (Though, older versions of IE, not MS Edge, may still do so too.) By the way, the Tools seem to be working pretty consistently for me now, using Chrome. (I've checked several times since mid-afternoon.)

RedSiegfried

First Post
Yeah, the problem is intermittent. I thought it was DNS issues but that's had more than enough time to resolve itself. As of right now I can get to the tools, at least the CB and MB anyway, and use them.

One irritating thing that changed though, now the windows don't auto-size so they won't fill my screen. But hey, at least they work.

Yeah, the problem is intermittent. I thought it was DNS issues but that's had more than enough time to resolve itself. As of right now I can get to the tools, at least the CB and MB anyway, and use them.

One irritating thing that changed though, now the windows don't auto-size so they won't fill my screen. But hey, at least they work.

CB never autosized for me. lol. It comes up in about a half-sized window (I assume it is some common screen size) and that's it. I can resize, but it just gets confused. I expect the graphics and such are all fixed and unscaled.

Remove ads