• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4ed DM looking for Players, Nights

Garas

First Post
Hello all. This is my first post on ENworld, so I'd like to say Hi and get to the point.

I live breath and eat DnD. But my gaming group only meets once per week, so I need another outlet for my tabletop urges. As such, I'd like to try DMing an online campaign. It goes as following:

-I've DM'd before, for about two years now. I've read through all the 3.0/3.5/4.0 books, and DM'd a campaign in each (small 4.0 campaign). I'm a player in my RL group at the moment (Eladrin Fey Warlock), but would like to continue DMing, as it's such a great outlet for my creativity.
-Almost all the campaigns I've DM'd were for evil characters. There's just something really odd about playing a good character in my group. As such it makes me a decent DM because I think of quite possibly super-evil things. =D
-The campaign I was DMing that was for good characters was really well received, but was cut short due to a slew of RL problems, all of which seemed to happen together.

So... I'd really want to DM an online campaign. I want to use something free to do it all in, and preferably chat based. I have no experience running an online campaign though, so help would be appreciated to get things going. I've been working on a totally sweet 4.0 campaign since pre-rulebooks and it's beginning to get wrapped up.

Some other notes would be as follows: I've only DM'd for my group and once at a local hobbyshop for some customers. I may have a different DMing style than you're used to. I have a tendancy to ask "what do you do now". It's a very sandbox style game. I'll throw hooks and problems, but if you ignore them then that's fine, I'll just do something else. All of my games are very open to the players. I don't deal with people wasting a groups time but if your character wants to try something solo while the others are sleeping, so be it. I'm also fairly lax on rules, but keen on specifics. I assume people follow the rules and do things by common sense, so if you don't tell me otherwise then that's what happened. I award roleplaying. Good roleplaying. I punish time-wasting and being stupid. I don't try to kill my players, but I don't take it easy on them, although for a first time 4.0 situation I'm more lenient. I don't deal with arguements well.

So the campaign, if you're still interested...

I'm looking for five players. I want at least one defender and one leader, and otherwise I don't care. I'm open to all the PHB and MM races, as well as all classes, as written. Characters are to start out at level three, created with either a standard array or 22 point buy method as described in the players handbook. You start with EITHER: +1 Weapon / Implement or +1 Armor, not both. Any other gear you want is fine, but remember rules for encumbrance. Characters are to be of non-evil alignment.
Should you choose a monstrous race be warned, you're freakin' monstrous.
All the characters start in a small sect of the Isuon Adventuring Guild, in a company name of their choice. They run a small headquarters in the city of Ajunta. The campaign will begin with them having accepted a recent contract. The players have worked together before. Their motivations are their own, but they must be team friendly and willing to overcome challenges for the rewards, whether they be selfish or not.
The campaign world is homebrewn, but not unlike the default setting. It uses the same dieties as the PHB / DMG as well as the same creatures, it's just a different name with inconsistancies from the core.

Requirements to play are follows:
A legible character sheet. Create it yourself, just make it easily readable.
Either Maptools or OpenRPG, whichever is decided upon using. As of now I only have AOL Instant Messanger so you can contact me on that.
I haven't used either, ever, so I don't know if they come with chat programs or not. I want to use a text based chat system, MAYBE with microphones but not a must. If the program to play on doesn't have a chat system we will be using AIM.
An open mind. Like I said, it may be different than other ones you've played, but keep an open mind. I like to tell a nice story. Also, I enjoy players who do more than "viper strike, viper strike, viper strike," and I reward things like, "I splash my daggers with oil, jumping cartwheel through the fire and slash at my enemy with my flaming swords of death!"
An open schedule. As the title suggests, I want to play at nights. The most reasonable time for me to play will be 6pm to 11pm Tuesday nights. We can cut it short as we see fit, but it won't last past 11pm Tuesdays. If the situation comes up where we all want to / can play another time, we will do that. I want this to be fairly regular. The whole campaign will take the players all the way to the end of their epic destinies, though hopefully by then more will appear as the ones in the PHB are fairly lackluster.

If you're interested you can contact me on AIM: GarasRa
OR
email your character sheet to my email, donhatesyou AT hotmail DOT com.

If you do either, post back in this so I know.

Shadowsmith

Explorer
Gods I would love to get involved with something like this. Sadly I'm in Alaska so 6pm to 11pm for you is 2pm to 7pm for me.

Anyway, good luck with your game.

RSKennan

Explorer
I'd love to be part of this too, but I just bought Fantasy Grounds and find Open RPG confusing.

Maptool doesn't look too bad though. If you went that way, I'd give it a shot. The time sounds good. I'd like to play a wizard if I can, to see what they're all about in 4e.

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
I'm in for the game (we spoke very briefly on AIM). Tuesday at the times you said work good for me - in fact, those are about the only times I have free! I'm still thinking about what class I'd like to play, but I'll edit in a character sheet when I'm finished.

EDIT: Ok, I decided on and created a warlock. Character sheet linked!

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=62194

Last edited:

RSKennan

Explorer
I'll make a 3rd level wizard and have it emailed to you by morning. If you decide to use Maptool, I'll play. Edit: And if I'm welcome, of course :).

...Also, I've sent the character. Dandros Tilivaine, Human Wizard.

Last edited:

Alastor118

First Post
Hehe, this is my first post on ENworld as well! I'd love to play a game at these times. I'm hoping to play an inspiring warlord who focuses on healing and defense. I've already got most of his background covered, just have to work in some details. I've got a character sheet ready, but I have to raise it to level 3. I'll post the character sheet in a bit.

EDIT: Here's my character sheet:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=62041

You seem to be off of AIM right now, so I'll try to catch you tomorrow. Let me know if there's still a spot and if my character will work. :)

Last edited:

Nikroecyst

First Post
I too attempted to message you on aim but got no response. I have sent an email out inquiring about the program you will be using to play.

I would be interested in playing a Dragonborn Fighter, meat shield not beat stick.

Although I see the group is lacking for a skill monkey and healer, I just can't bring myself to play either. However I believe between the warlock and wizard they can come up with magic that will cover the loss of a skill monkey.

Im not too keen on the classes in 4e and really only like the Ranger and Fighter. If need be it is possible for me to come up with a Dragonborn Ranger (ranged) to fill in for some ranged combat that the group maybe lacking.

I mostly used tangledweb, in the past for online character sheets. If there is a paticular page you would like a character done in please let me know. I can whip up a character in no time, so let me know if you are interested.

~Nyk

Alastor118

First Post
My character is an inspiring warlord, he's picked picking up all the healing powers he can, and he compares fairly evenly to a cleric of the same level. That said, another healer definetely wouldn't hurt, as we have all four roles filled.

Goumindong

First Post
Messaged via aim:

I've got a Dwarven Wizard or Wizard/Warlord or Warlord/Wizard or some other combination that I am wanting to play, but can change anything necessary to fit in with a party already going.

This is what He would look like as a Wizard

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=62229

This is what he would look like as a Wizard/Warlord

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=61839

I might throw something together for the other way around, but i really like thunderwave and don't want to give that up.

Maptools is pretty awesome: As is ventrillo for chatting if you don't want to do via typing which takes more time.

Last edited:

Remove ads