(4th IR) Year 1 (thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timothy

First Post
I haven't read all posts yet, but concerning earth, I 'll just say this.

I'll claim all lands that have shores on the pacific oceans (Except for the ameriscas and russia) as well as India and the middle east. This means Japan, Australia, Indonesia, all of the pacific isles and so on.

Serpenteye

First Post
Bugbear said:
Concerning The Free Nations

To Alarah Gomenei,
Some of my regional Goveners forwarded this letter to me and asked that I clarify some of the issues brought up within.

First, know that not all members of the Free Nations approved of the invasion and annilation of Lantam's nation and culture. Many of the member states of the Icewind Compact were opposed to the invasion, a matter which ultimatly lead to their seccession from that alliance.

The Free Nations can no longer be counted on as a stable political force, as more and more of it's members leave the alliance. Some will seek shelter among the Dauntless, but others will no doubt will find our aims unsatisfactory. I advise you not to alienate potential allies.

Also, the Invasion of Lantan destroyed the Free Nations as surely as it did the Island kingdom. Take this as a warning to the effects of unwarrented aggression. Though the Red Death seems to have fled the five worlds, it may yet return. Wars of vengance will only make matters more difficult should it do so.

Hannover Fist,
Icewind

"Insightful, as I expected. True, truly only our enemies would benefit from a war between us in the current situation."

Serpenteye

First Post
I'll claim all lands that have shores on the pacific oceans (Except for the ameriscas and russia) as well as India and the middle east. This means Japan, Australia, Indonesia, all of the pacific isles and so on.

In light of this I withdraw my offer to the Emperor of Japan, but not to India and the Ottomans.

Timothy

First Post
All my affairs for now.

CONCERNING EARTH

to Alarah Gomenei (SE)
I will grant you the control of India and the Ottoman empire, so my powerbase is focuuse on the pacifis isles and the eastern shoor of the pacific only. Any resistance from Great Britain to my claimsdiscarded on the grounds that I have only taken control of these lands to protect them, since GB seems unable to do that.

I will also Send representatives to the Dutch. I will offer to defend them if they join the Zakaharian Empire. This is because I am interested in ther Colonial Claims and there history as a seafaring, trading nation. I will import some scientists to The city of Qudar and ask of them that they give me a list off all earthern technologies usefull on Toril. I will give them the assistance of my own Sages. They will be looking to make magic intereact with technology.

THE PLACEMENT OF MY ARMIES

First of all, my lands will now be known as The Zakharian Empire.
I will place armies like this:

Zakhara - The Four Cities of the Heart (PL 10) - 1 Army
Zakhara - The Seven Cities of the North (PL 8) - 4 Armies
Zakhara - The Six Cities of the Pantheon (PL 7)
Zakhara - The Five Cities of the Pearl (PL 5)
Zakhara - The Four Cities of the Ancients (PL 9)
Zakhara - Hawa and the Domains of the Corsairs (PL 7) - 1 Army

The Desert Tribes (PL 5)
The Djinn (PL 10)

The Pantheon of the One Thousand Gods (PL 15)

City of Krenalir (PL 1) (Faerunian)

Arhkaur Swamp (PL 3) (Faerunian)
Mortik Swamp (PL 3) (Faerunian)
Rethild, the Great Swamp (PL 5) (Faerunian) - 1 Army

The Arnrock (PL 1) (Faerunian) - 2 Armies (all spies, see next topic)
Mother of Mists Isle (PL 1) (Faerunian)
The Nelanther Isles (PL 5) (Faerunian) - 2 Armies

The Pacific and The Netherlands - 1 Army

CONCERNING MY SPY NETWORK

My spy network will be backed up my magic and will try to get acces to all of the decion makers, especially the Dauntless council. They will all report to Sheik Al Garah, my Spymaster, he will reside on the Arnrock, but my spies will be spread across Fearun and some on earth. I will no doubt become aware of whatever propaganda Inez is spreading about the Athasians.

CONCERNING MT ARHASIAN ALLIES

I will write a book About the Athasians. This book will be titled

The change of the modern Athasian

it will Go into the subject of the change that has been wrought with the Athasian entering Toril. They are no longer interested in the destruction of everything but instead have become peace loving citizens of the Zakharian Empire.

Okay, stop laughing now

My spies will spread the word through gossip and hearsay that this book is a fraud, Sure, the Athasians have changed, but they are now under the control of the mighty Grand Caliph of Zakhara and have become more interested in conquering rather than destroying. My spies will say they have allied themselves with Zakhara because the mighty Athasians see a great and mighty leader in Muad Dha Bin. The spies will actually be told all this, and actually believe it, so a truth spell will indeed say they speak the truth. Only the Sheik and his most trusted know the real deal.

I will write another book that will bedistributed in my own lands, the other book will not. This book will be titled

The allies of of Zakhara

It will describe all my allies (including the meritocracy, the atahasians and my holdings on earth) as great and mighty nations/groups. The Athasians will be said to be Mighty defenders of Zakhara that are a well trained, highly efficiant part of the great Zakharian army that is feared by all of out enemies.

I will make another book for the Athasians titled

The Merits of Living on Toril

This book will deal with the advantages of adjusting to the Zakharaian way of life, and letting go of the will to destroy everything in your path. It will also give the benfits of conquering nations instead of destroying them. This will be a dominition book, the other books won't be. This book will only be distributed on the Nelanther isles, where all of the Athasian armies are located. It won't be on any of the lists (see later) anywhere else in my empire.)

THE CONQUEST OF MAZTICA AND THE UNKNOWN SOUTH.

Three of the four amies of The cities of the north will Sail to Southern Maztica (The region that would be middle america on earth) and they will try tp conquer that. Agfter that, the 3 armies and all new armies from that conquered area will go south on to the isle titled Unknown Lands (The region that would be south africa on earth)and try to conquer that too, although that will take some more time. Edena, could you make up a PL list in that region? I would do it myself, but that would be unfair.
Also, what parts of Kara tur are still available? The hordelands do not cover anything right? If the southern part of Kara Tur is still available (The area bording on Zakahara) the Armies of the heartlands and of the corsair isles will conquest there and return immediatly after they are done.

CONCERNING DOMINATION BOOKS

I will ask Alarah Gomenei for the scret of the domination books and if I aquire it I will write a very small pamphlet that will be spread to all my lands. The pamphlet will Forbid any inhabitant of me realm to read any book that is not on the allowed book list I give out. That list will be spread through all nations in my realm and will be gaurded bu local gaurdsmen. The list currently includes all books written by me or Alarah Gomenei.

CONCERNING MINA FROM KRYNN

I will sent a leeter to Mina from Krynn

Noble Mina!

The Zakharian Empire welcomes your presence on Toril! I hope we can live together peace fully and become friends. Unfortunatly religion is a difficult thing. It is my believe that gods are limited to some world only, and while the gods we worship do exist in Toril, even in physical form, I believe firmly the the one god is the only power in Krynn, and support your claims for that.
Furthermore I stress that Zakhara has had nothing to do with the red plague and I feel very sorry that is has stricken your world.

Greetings

Muad Dha Bin, Grand Caliph of the Zakharian Empire.

CONCERNING OERTH

I will sent the following letter to all great powers (PL > 5) that exist on oerth.

Noble and Great [Insert name here]

I am very sorry for the terrors of the red plague that was unleashed at you. The zakharian empire had nothing to do with this and mourns for all the deaths that were made by this disease. I suggest that we ally to find out who was utterly responsible for this cruel attack at you and then destroy that person. Although The Gnomes of Lantan were directly responsible for this attack, everyone knows gnomes couldn't have thought this out on their own and it is clear someone else directed this operation from behind the scenes. My spies are currently searching for evidence who was that power.

I hope you see the wisdom of my words and join this cause.

Noble Greetings

Muad Dha Bin, Grand Caliph of the Zakharian Empire.

I will indeed set my spies to work on collecting evidence, although this evidence may well be circumstancial (sp? evidence that only hints to the involvement of a power)

Edena, I send this to every major power, but I don not expect all of them joing me, although some probarly will.

CONCERNING RESEARCH/MAGIC

I will order my mages/researches.sages/scientists to find an antodote for all dominating books.
Thety will also research my own anti-magic spell and the possible antidote for such a spell.
I will put up defenses against enemy divinations
and I will try to open the gate to the world of Ghelspad, since I have heard about The swamp dwelling Slitherin, or Ratmen, that would be just the thing I need for my swamp holdings in Fearun.

OTHER QUESTIONS

I have some other questions.

What exactly is the Arnrock (what has it to offer beside being a large volcano, and what is the staus of that vulcano, in light of this answer I might relocate my Spy network base of operations)

Where exactly is Nimbral located, what is it like, who lives on it etcetera, if there is a description in FRCS, what is the page number?

I look forward to your reply edena. (others that have answers to questions I asked please reply to)

Last edited:

Timothy

First Post
All my affairs for now.

Something went wrong, sorry for the double posts.

Last edited:

Lichtenhart

First Post
Flashback- Everything in this post happened before the battle

The following morning, Krysophrenos realized that his new appointment wasn't going to leave him enough time to work after the Encyclopaedia and the Gazette as they deserved, so he decided to let the work on the capable hands of his collaborators.
He charged his old friend Smaragdos, a very competent emerald dragon, to lead and coordinate the Encyclopaedists.
He named Bebelof, a brass dragon envied by his fellows for his astounding skill in rapidly discovering even the smallest gossip, Director of the Northwestern Edition of the Gazette.
He named Delora, a female bronze dragon, unknown by the mass for her skills in blending with the human and demihuman population, Director of the Southwestern Gazette.
He named Syvryl, a female crystal dragon famed for her curiosity in spite of danger, Director of the Southeastern Gazette.
He named Tryoner the Grey Traveler, an inquisitive and experienced silver dragon, Director of the Northeastern Gazette.
He reminded them of the principles that the Encyclopaedia and the Gazette strive to promote, then he left his lair to begin his longest journey.

His first stop was the Kingdom of Cormyr, where the Steel Regent had long ago asked for his advice. He stayed there for a week more and more enjoying Alusair's company, recommending her to accept the Dauntless offer and to subscribe their statutes, and helping her in courtly matters by discerning the lies of some subtle noble. When he left, she stated he would have always been welcome in Suzail's court, and that he was a good friend of Cormyr.

Then he went to the Dalelands, where he helped the Council breaking the Zhentarim's aims upon Voonlar, and driving back a couple assaults by the drows and by some green dragon. After two weeks there spent visinting the Dales and offering his help where he could, the Council deliberated to grant him a seat for him to freely speak at their meetings. He thanked them and recommended to them too an alliance with the Dauntless.

Rumors arrived to his ear that a portal opened in Harrowdale that lead to Earth. He went to check and decided that was a good occasion to explore this new world.

He took a human form, and he soon discovered it was a good idea, because what the people of this planet remembered of his kind, extinct ages ago, mainly referred to his chromatic brethren. Dragons where considered nearly everywhere a negative symbol, except in a nation in the East named China, where there was a faint remembrance of metallic, and especially gold and bronze, dragons.
He was astounded by what the people of this planet managed to gain without magic, he visited countries where the population lived in a much better way than in most Faerun countries.
He saw many things that were nothing short of amazing, such as the huge iron caravans that moved much faster than horses, and the cables that allow to speak to someone incredibly far away. He contacted a young human scientist from Italy, Guglielmo Marconi, who had idea to improve this invention, and, since his country wasn't interested, granted him funds.
He discovered that a hundred year ago, a human from France had his same idea and wrote an encyclopaedia, and read those paper sheets the humans called 'newspapers' that looked like what he dreamt the Gazette to become.

But he also learned that their civilization came with a price. A whole continent of their world was considered no more than a resource the so called civilized countries could sack and plunder as they liked. Its population suffered every kind of humiliation, and was negated the very rights they claimed as inalienable in their countries. The most powerful nations divided up the land and its richness among themselves, while the dark skinned population was subdued and left to starve.

He could not tolerate this. If those nations were to trade and make alliances with the Dauntless, they had to make their own laws respected everywhere in their territories, and not only to the advantage of their fair skinned race. He contacted the leader of one of the last independent african nations, Menelik the Second, and offered him his help to keep Ethiopia free from european imperialism. Then he went back to Toril to report what he had learned.

Bugbear

First Post
Hannover Fist makes a proposal to the Dauntless:

"My comrades, the world of earth has assulted by the Dragons of death. It has been tested and been found wanting.

"Though we have seen fit to send Humanatarian aide to the peoples of earth, others have embarked on a campaign of Imperialism.

"I propose that we offer membership in our socety of nations to the lands of earth. I propose that the Dauntless help the peoples of Earth develop the means to defend themselves from those of our world who would conquer them.

"Further, with the Ultimatum of the Orethians, this will not be the final assult upon them. The Athasians, too, no doubt will covet Earth and it's reasources.

"I urge you to embrace any Earth nation that wishes to join us, provided of course that they are willing to live by the laws of our soceity. "

Bugbear

First Post
Hannover Fist offers membership in the Iceland Compact to the nations of Spain, Mexico, France, Italy, The nations of south and central America, Norway, Scandinavia, and Denmark.

Should they Accept they will have the protection of the Icewind Compact, and through that, of the Dauntless, and They will benefit from the open trade of goods and knowledge.

Regardless of their response, All nations of earth which I have the means of contacting will be warned of the Threat posed by both Oreth and Athas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads