WotC 5E 2020 Book Clue - I need your help!

gyor

Legend
When it comes to political rivalry and tensions, even armed, in the Realms, I think Tethyr would be a good fit: in its past it has undergone civil war, secessions, internal rivalries; and it has a feudal system more so than some other Realm places -I guess no one remembers this, but I was the first one to guess in these forums when the Waterdeep adventure was to be released. I hope I am right again, because Tethyr and the Lands of Intrigue are among my favorite Realms regions

The Lands of Intrigue would be cool, and they border and trade with the Border Kingdoms so the two books would fit well together.

Actually Calimshans cities and towns also have huge rivalies and even recently were at war with each other until the Chosen of Ilmater liberated them from Genie Rule.

Has it been long enough since they talked about bringing in non-WASP (White Angleo-Saxon Protestant) authors and consultants to help make culturally appropriate books and adventures that this could be something done with their help?
What is the connection between the Western Heartlands and Descent into Avernus?

Baldur's Gate is part of the Western Heartlands.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Has it been long enough since they talked about bringing in non-WASP (White Angleo-Saxon Protestant) authors and consultants to help make culturally appropriate books and adventures that this could be something done with their help?

Baldur's Gate is part of the Western Heartlands.

Probably Theros was partially being referred to there, but more might be incoming.

Probably Theros was partially being referred to there, but more might be incoming.

I was trying to think about other parts of the real world where city heraldry was a big thing outside of Europe, but I did not really Google much for it. Maybe this could also apply to an update for Al-Qadim and the city-states there?

gyor

Legend

Yeah no they weren't talking about Theros, Greek History and Mythology are well enough known that there was no need, and it's shall we say not a cultural that folks were worried about being represented more (the consultants were there for predominately none "white" cultures, like Fantasy Asian, Fantasy African, and so on.). James Wyatt, one of the books writers, has a minor was in Greek Literature and language so he is extremely familiar with Ancient Greek Mythology to the point were he wrote an actual poem in the book in Homeric Meter (translated into English of course).

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yeah no they weren't talking about Theros, Greek History and Mythology are well enough known that there was no need, and it's shall we say not a cultural that folks were worried about being represented more (the consultants were there for predominately none "white" cultures, like Fantasy Asian, Fantasy African, and so on.). James Wyatt, one of the books writers, has a minor was in Greek Literature and language so he is extremely familiar with Ancient Greek Mythology to the point were he wrote an actual poem in the book in Homeric Meter (translated into English of course).

Well, in terms of saying that 2020 would see more non-Medieval Europe standard cultures, Theros must have been par tof what is meant since it is not standard Medieval European fantasy and is coming in 2020, though not all probably.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Well, in terms of saying that 2020 would see more non-Medieval Europe standard cultures, Theros must have been par tof what is meant since it is not standard Medieval European fantasy and is coming in 2020, though not all probably.

That whole discussion was really more about "non-European" and "non-white" as opposed to "non-medieval."

Remove ads