[5E] High Fantasy, Fish out of water campaign. Online - 2 - 5 players!

delphonso

Explorer
Hey all, I've been thinking of playing a fish-out-of-water type campaign mostly inspired by Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. 5E is one of my favorite systems, so I'm comfortable with that, but would be okay to run it in Genesys as well. I would, of course, GM.

Quick introduction:
In a fantastical world ruled by sorcerer-kings and wizard-barons, the mundane means weak. Soldiers, warriors, fighters, barbarians - all these things are unknown in this world, and magic rules supreme. The lands have turned wild from arcane corruption. At the same time, on earth, a group of friends find themselves transported to this magical world. Will they fight fire with fire - gathering powerful spells - or will they show the might of the mundane with sword and shield?

As far as time, I'm thinking around 7 PM - Eastern Time, Monday nights. I'm flexible on this as my work schedule is rather light. Play once a week, or twice a month, whichever is most reasonable for everyone.

Here's the rub -
I live and work in China, and therefore my options are limited for what to use. I generally DM "theatre of the mind" (pretty light on the grid combat gameplay, though there's still plenty of combat) - and would need to use Skype, due to limitations on my end. We can use roll20 for character sheets, if that's preferred - but I would also just trust you guys to manage that sort of thing on your own. When we've gathered a good group - I'd like to have an introductory session to get to know each other, and what we want out of the game, then a character making session and short first adventure.

If you're interested, post below or send me a message directly with any and all questions.
Thanks a bunch!

Remove ads