Planescape 5e Planescape Question

Sparky McDibben

Adventurer
One thing I haven't seen is whether the new Planescape boxed set gives any ability for DMs to build their own adventures in the multiverse. I'm talking random tables, dense adventure seeds with defined actors (not, "This weird thing is going on!"), interesting game structures, etc. Does it let me build my own adventures, or is it just a gazetteer?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
One thing I haven't seen is whether the new Planescape boxed set gives any ability for DMs to build their own adventures in the multiverse. I'm talking random tables, dense adventure seeds with defined actors (not, "This weird thing is going on!"), interesting game structures, etc. Does it let me build my own adventures, or is it just a gazetteer?
That's a hard question to answer because, FOR ME, it does the best kind of job it could do for that: It has a TON of dangling plot ideas that it doesn't expand on. I'd love to expand on them. That gives ME exactly what I need.

I don't like random tables - I have no need for them. It has some of them, though. Short ones. Would they do what YOU want them to do? I have no idea. You'd have to look at it yourself and let me know.

Distracted DM

Distracted DM
Supporter
It DOES have interesting things to use in Sigil and the Outlands. But if you're looking for things in the multiverse it's a lot less helpful.

Remove ads