[5e] Spell & Crossbones

Quickleaf

Legend
They could be dispelled. Otherwise we'd have to wait for them to wear out. Presumably a glyph 'concentrates' for the maximum duration.

The problem of course is that those oozes might kill the treasure if we just sit and wait. :)

Almost like some rat bastard DM designed it that way...

Shayuri

First Post
Hm. I've got a question about Nia. Her ranger level to be precise. I've edited her to use at druid 'death' circle, but I can't remember if you and I decided to use the revised ranger rules for this game.

Quickleaf

Legend
Hm. I've got a question about Nia. Her ranger level to be precise. I've edited her to use at druid 'death' circle, but I can't remember if you and I decided to use the revised ranger rules for this game.

Oh, I'm flexible. Just let me know which ranger rules you want to use and let's stick with those. I know there a couple versions floating around. Maybe link to the one you want to use?

Shayuri

First Post
There's only two I'm considering. The core, and the UA revised.

The only reason it's even a question is because the core rules let her start out with Aberrations as a favored enemy...the revised make you wait until like...I think 6th level?...before you can select that one.

I guess it's not a HUGE big deal. The rebalance is, in almost every other way, in the Revised rules' favor...

Quickleaf

Legend
There's only two I'm considering. The core, and the UA revised.

The only reason it's even a question is because the core rules let her start out with Aberrations as a favored enemy...the revised make you wait until like...I think 6th level?...before you can select that one.

I guess it's not a HUGE big deal. The rebalance is, in almost every other way, in the Revised rules' favor...

Oh, I see. The revised ranger bakes in flavor for Greater Favored Enemies only being aberrations, celestials, constructs, dragons, elementals, fiends, or giants. Because presumably those are rarer higher-level monster types in most D&D games.

Yeah, I am fine fudging that rule and letting Nia start with aberrations as her favored enemy. :) Plenty of aberrations in our pirates game!

Queenie

Queen of Everything
I haven't read everything, I have a really bad headache and can't read the screen very long, sorry guys. Bad timing.

I will say, that while I am sure this is very tough, I have total faith that Quickleaf did not put something completely impossible in front of us. We need this to advance the game (to get our ship) so I don't think he would have made it 0% probably of success.

That said, do not do anything stupid! Let's work together AS A TEAM, OKAY???

So says your Captain who is in pain on the sidelines at the moment *cry*

Sent from my iPad using EN World mobile app

Fenris

Adventurer
Quickleaf said:
EDIT: I just checked your character sheet and saw Old Zef is proficient in shipwright's tools, so fine to use those for this check in place of smith's tools.

Zef is proficient in smiths tools, as all Aanarden are, and he has a kit with him. He is proficent with smiths tools, sailmakers tool, carpenters tools, and navigators tool. He is a Dwarven swiss army knife. ;)

Remove ads