[5e] Spell & Crossbones

Queenie

Queen of Everything
I believe we have an opening for one more, though of course Quickleaf would have to confirm that.

Sent from my iPad using EN World mobile app

Sorry, forgot part two.

We don't have a healer / doctor. In QL's games however, I don't feel like we NEED one, we'd make due and likely try to hire an NPC doctor for the ship.

So what I'm saying is, you do you ;)

We have a rogue/fighter, a wizard, a Druid, a fighter, a paladin and a ranger. We could always use more fighter and more magic.

Just my $.02 of course. Magic and magical healing is probably the hardest thing to come by.

DeJoker

First Post
Great thanks [MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION], you can sign me up for ships Doctor (assuming there is still a slot) as that fit what I was considering on playing.

Where are the character creation rules located? I am sure I could eventually find them but I am guessing one of you could point me to it much faster.

Also how quickly do you need this character posted by I can have it done today if it is needed that fast. Otherwise a Cleric (Tempest) seems appropriate for the setting although if the group would rather see of Cleric (Life) I can do that as well. Kind of depends on how focused of a healer you would like to have and the overall personality of the character you would all like to see.

Note I am really good at crafting characters to fit the bill and equally good at roleplaying whatever has been crafted so please do not be overly concerned about me playing my thing -- as what I want to play is what will help the group the most and that will help augment the group and story the most. So any criterion for that will help me craft the best character for this game.

Last edited:

Matthan

Explorer
You'll want to wait on [MENTION=20323]Quickleaf[/MENTION] to let you know about the slot. He's our DM. The character creation stuff is all in the initial post of this thread. Just scroll down until you see it. It's hidden by spoiler blocks. A lot of the info is also hosted in a group that QL made. You can check that out here.

Depending on what QL says, there's lots of opportunities to bring you right into the action. My character, Blaise, and Etienne are in the middle of a possible jail break for some Spanish soldiers. You could make your character one of them or another guy in the prison that we haven't noticed yet. Kat, Zef, and our newest member, Jacques, are currently in the middle of a drunken recruitment drive that might make the simplest introduction. Nia has gone off on her own to investigate our rival, Captain Wallace and his crew, where she could find you possibly investigating for your own purposes.

There's a lot of balls in play at the moment and this game is fantastic. Just wait for QL to give you the go ahead. We sometimes move a little slow posting wise, but we make up for it in awesome.

DeJoker

First Post
Thanks [MENTION=20005]Matthan[/MENTION] sounds great -- I am going to assume on the side of speed and begin the creation process this way I will be ready to go fairly quickly if QL says its a go. I have an extra character waiting in the wings should a spot open up later on.

Is there anything I should be aware of in game that is not covered by the standard guidelines. Such as what language do you all speak, I kind of liked the Spanish character but if you all do not speak Spanish that might be difficult that is unless I can easily pick up whatever language is most common to the current group.

Now this also seems kind of historical is this true or are the nationalities the only thing that was borrowed historically?

Last edited:

Quickleaf

Legend
Anything new ?

Thanks [MENTION=20005]Matthan[/MENTION] sounds great -- I am going to assume on the side of speed and begin the creation process this way I will be ready to go fairly quickly if QL says its a go. I have an extra character waiting in the wings should a spot open up later on.

Is there anything I should be aware of in game that is not covered by the standard guidelines. Such as what language do you all speak, I kind of liked the Spanish character but if you all do not speak Spanish that might be difficult that is unless I can easily pick up whatever language is most common to the current group.

Now this also seems kind of historical is this true or are the nationalities the only thing that was borrowed historically?

I think [MENTION=20323]Quickleaf[/MENTION] is going rough some stuff right now. He’ll be back eventually :)

Thanks for the update, Queenie. I was getting worried.

You'll want to wait on [MENTION=20323]Quickleaf[/MENTION] to let you know about the slot. He's our DM. The character creation stuff is all in the initial post of this thread. Just scroll down until you see it. It's hidden by spoiler blocks. A lot of the info is also hosted in a group that QL made. You can check that out here.

Depending on what QL says, there's lots of opportunities to bring you right into the action. My character, Blaise, and Etienne are in the middle of a possible jail break for some Spanish soldiers. You could make your character one of them or another guy in the prison that we haven't noticed yet. Kat, Zef, and our newest member, Jacques, are currently in the middle of a drunken recruitment drive that might make the simplest introduction. Nia has gone off on her own to investigate our rival, Captain Wallace and his crew, where she could find you possibly investigating for your own purposes.

There's a lot of balls in play at the moment and this game is fantastic. Just wait for QL to give you the go ahead. We sometimes move a little slow posting wise, but we make up for it in awesome.

Mea culpa! So sorry for keeping everyone waiting. Thanks for answering on my behalf, Queenie :) I've been dealing with some confounding health issues that consumed much of my energy. But I'll be back to posting this week.

And I'm going to be a pirate for Halloween (my girlfriend and I are going as Día de Muertos pirate & mermaid), so forgive me if I compulsively share photos. :)

Thanks for your patience, maties.

Also [MENTION=6907519]DeJoker[/MENTION] yes, we have room for another. I do recommend reading a bit of our actual play to make sure the game style is a good match for your own...and also the answer to your question about nationalities *should* be in the original post. I'll answer any questions more in depth later in the week when my schedule opens up.

DeJoker

First Post
Great to hear you are okay and yeah I already glanced over the story stuff and have simply been hanging out until you returned. I had posted a few questions so unless you want me to consolidate them and repost them I will wait for your answers. Some of those questions were on what type of doctor I should play so I held off on pursuing that to far as well. Still I have the outline roughed in.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases