• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

5e spells

Balfore

Explorer
Am I missing something. Is there a spell that protects players from the elements in

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

pukunui

Legend
In what?

The only two spells I can think of off the top of my head are protection from energy (PHB) and absorb elements (EEPC/XGE).

Hope that helps!

Protection From Energy can grant a character resistance to cold or fire damage. Creatures with cold resistance are immune to the effects of cold weather, and creatures with fire resistance are immune to the effects of hot weather.

Balfore

Explorer
I hear you, but I'm having the characters go directly from the Phylactary Vault into a severe cold weather situation.
I already have the info from the DMG: Severe cold weather is a DC 10 CON save or take one level of exhaustion.
I put the Tomb of Horrors in an arctic location instead of a Sandy desert...lol.
I've given them no opportunity to get any clothing.
I was just wondering if there was a spell that could help them.
One thing of note: the characters all have god stats, at least a 20 in their main stat, and another 17 somewhere else.
All level 12.
Paladin, Cleric, 2 Barbarians and a Bard.

pukunui

Legend
I misunderstood what you were asking for. Yes, they will need protection from energy (cold) or a ring of warmth or some such thing.

Balfore

Explorer
Doesn't that only affect 1 creature, and only lasts an hour?
They would have to cast it on people with a low CON score, I imagine...
The party is over powered, I guess they can handle it, especially since they have a Paladin they can stand next to for the bump on their saving throws...lol

Balfore

Explorer
Yes, but it's the only spell that works. They wanted deserts and arctic tundra to be an obstacle for characters of all level, rather than only characters so low that they can't spare a level 1 slot for Endure Elements.
Gotcha, I didn't think there was a spell Endure Elements...

There may be spells that create heat, or shelter, or warmer clothing. However most of those that I can think of are on the more arcane-type spell lists.

Remove ads