D&D 5E 5E Survivor - Deities (Part 1: Forgotten Realms) Selune Advances!

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Hello everyone, it's time for another Survivor thread! As you already know, I'll be taking over the Survivor 5E Threads for a little while...so if you have any suggestions for upcoming topics, feel free to DM me.

-----

This thread is inspired by prior threads that we've done.
And now it's time.
Time for the
Battle of the Gods!

Appendix B of the 5th Edition Player's Handbook has several tables dedicated to the Deities of the D&D game. There's a table for Greyhawk gods, and another table for Eberron, and for the Forgotten Realms, and so on. But which one is The Survivor?! Hold on to your sacraments, because we're gonnna find out!

The first pantheon presented is "Deities of the Forgotten Realms," on Page 294...so it's the first pantheon to get the 5E Survivor treatment. We will examine the other deities from other pantheons in subsequent contests. Then, we will put all of the winners together in the same arena to determine which one is The Ultimate Survivor!

The Rules and Stuff
  • This time, only Forgotten Realms deities are presented.
  • Now since someone is about to ask "what about Nerull?" on the first page of the thread, I'll repeat: this week, only the Forgotten Realms deities are presented.
  • Each deity starts with 20 points.
  • Every day, you vote for one deity that you like, which gains 1 point. And then you vote for a different deity that you dislike, which loses 2 points. It is intentional that a negative vote is worth more than a positive vote - first, because it takes something extra to whittle these guys down to size. Second, because.
  • Mark your upvotes in green, and downvotes in red. Or just show them in bold text and use "+1" and "-2" to mark them, if colored text is too difficult on your browsing device.
  • It's easier if you just copy and paste the previous poster’s vote and change the numbers.
  • You may vote only once per day in each category. This is an honor system, and we are all honorable gamers; please do not abuse it. If this means you vote once at night one day, and once the next morning - that's fine, but don't vote again until the following day. Rule of thumb: if your most recent vote post says "yesterday" in the date tag, you can vote again.
  • This is purely a popularity contest and you do not have to explain an upvote or downvote, but feel free to - explanations are where the fun is! When downvotes reach 0 the option/variant is removed from the list (FATALITY!).
  • Finally, if an entry has one vote left, then you have to make the choice to use all of your downvotes to eliminate it; there is no vote splitting. In addition, you can't upvote and downvote the same entry (no "see" votes). And you have to use BOTH YOUR UPVOTE AND DOWNVOTE if you vote.

The Most Important Bits
Three important points that you must read before voting--
  1. This is a pure popularity contest, and is meant to be fun. You can cast your votes for whatever reason you want; spite, irrational love or hatred, appearance, gameplay mechanics, tire pressure, mood, strategic voting, and so on are all perfectly acceptable. You can comment for the reasons for your vote, or not - up to you! But this is for enjoyment only.
  2. This week (and the next few weeks to come) featues a list of the deities in the 5th Edition Player's Handbook. Other deities from the 5E Player's Handbook will be done at another time. Deities that aren't listed in the 5E Player's Handbook won't be done at all.
  3. As always, the list is the list. If you have a complaint about the list, please direct it to /dev/null.
So. Onward to the contest!

DEITIES OF THE FORGOTTEN REALMS
from pg. 294 of the Player's Handbook
=====================================
Auril, goddess of winter
Azuth, god of wizards
Bane, god of tyranny
Beshaba, goddess of misfortune
Bhaal, god of murder
Chauntea, goddess of agriculture
Cyric, god of lies
Deneir, god of writing
Eldath, goddess of peace
Gond, god of craft
Helm, god of protection
Ilmater, god of endurance
Kelemvor, god of the dead
Lathander, god of birth and renewal
Leira, goddess of illusion
Llira, goddess of joy
Lovitar, goddess of pain
Malar, god of the hunt
Mask, god of thieves
Mielikki, goddess of forests
Milil, god of poetry and song
Myrkul, god of death
Mystra, goddess of magic
Oghma, god of knowledge
Savras, god of divination and fate
Selune, goddess of the moon
Shar, goddess of darkness and loss
Silvanus, god of wild nature
Sune, goddess of love and beauty
Talona, goddess of disease and poison
Talos, god of storms
Tempus, god of war
Torm, god of courage and self-sacrifice
Tymora, goddess of good fortune
Tyr, god of justice
Umberlee, goddess of the sea
Waukeen, goddess of trade

Last edited:

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Auril 20
Azuth 20
Bane 20 - 2 = 18
Beshaba 20
Bhaal 20
Chauntea 20
Cyric 20
Deneir 20
Eldath 20
Gond 20
Helm 20
Ilmater 20 + 1 = 21
Kelemvor 20
Lathander 20
Leira 20
Llira 20
Lovitar 20
Malar 20
Mask 20
Mielikki 20
Milil 20
Myrkul 20
Mystra 20
Oghma 20
Savras 20
Selune 20
Shar 20
Silvanus 20
Sune 20
Talona 20
Talos 20
Tempus 20
Torm 20
Tymora 20
Tyr 20
Umberlee 20
Waukeen 20

RoughCoronet0

Dragon Lover
Auril 20
Azuth 20
Bane 18
Beshaba 20
Bhaal 20
Chauntea 20
Cyric 20
Deneir 20
Eldath 20
Gond 20
Helm 20
Ilmater 21
Kelemvor 20
Lathander 20
Leira 20
Llira 20
Lovitar 20
Malar 20
Mask 20
Mielikki 20
Milil 20
Myrkul 20
Mystra 20
Oghma 20
Savras 20
Selune 20+1=21
Shar 20-2=18

Silvanus 20
Sune 20
Talona 20
Talos 20
Tempus 20
Torm 20
Tymora 20
Tyr 20
Umberlee 20
Waukeen 20

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Wow that’s a long list.

Auril 20
Azuth 20
Bane 18 +1 = 19 - I know he’s not the same Bane as the one in Nentir Vale, but he still wins my vote for having the same name.
Beshaba 20
Bhaal 20
Chauntea 20
Cyric 20
Deneir 20
Eldath 20
Gond 20
Helm 20
Ilmater 21
Kelemvor 20
Lathander 20
Leira 20
Llira 20
Lovitar 20
Malar 20
Mask 20
Mielikki 20 -2 = 18 And this one’s name sounds awful.
Milil 20
Myrkul 20
Mystra 20
Oghma 20
Savras 20
Selune 21
Shar 18
Silvanus 20
Sune 20
Talona 20
Talos 20
Tempus 20
Torm 20
Tymora 20
Tyr 20
Umberlee 20
Waukeen 20

Scribe

Legend
Auril 20
Azuth 20
Bane 20 - Because my Paladin of Conquest needs someone to have as his God.
Beshaba 20
Bhaal 20
Chauntea 20
Cyric 20
Deneir 20
Eldath 20
Gond 20
Helm 20
Ilmater 21
Kelemvor 20
Lathander 20
Leira 20
Llira 20
Lovitar 20
Malar 20
Mask 20
Mielikki 16 And this one’s name sounds awful. (I can get behind this.)
Milil 20
Myrkul 20
Mystra 20
Oghma 20
Savras 20
Selune 21
Shar 18
Silvanus 20
Sune 20
Talona 20
Talos 20
Tempus 20
Torm 20
Tymora 20
Tyr 20
Umberlee 20
Waukeen 20

Wow that’s a long list.
It's a SHORT list when it comes to Realms deities. I suspect i could add just as many again, without even going into the non-human pantheons...

Auril 20
Azuth 20
Bane 20
Beshaba 20
Bhaal 20
Chauntea 20
Cyric 20
Deneir 20
Eldath 20
Gond 20
Helm 20
Ilmater 22 +1 because Ahkrakshemash Khabrad, dragonborn paladin of Ilmater, is fast approaching the finale of Storm King's Thunder, and I don't want to risk his future dice rolls by offending his deity at this time
Kelemvor 20
Lathander 20
Leira 20
Llira 20
Lovitar 20
Malar 20
Mask 20
Mielikki 16
Milil 20
Myrkul 20
Mystra 18 -2 because whenever Mystra's names comes up in Realmslore, something metaplotty and deeply stupid is about to happen
Oghma 20
Savras 20
Selune 21
Shar 18
Silvanus 20
Sune 20
Talona 20
Talos 20
Tempus 20
Torm 20
Tymora 20
Tyr 20
Umberlee 20
Waukeen 20

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Auril 20
Azuth 20
Bane 20
Beshaba 20
Bhaal 20
Chauntea 20
Cyric 20
Deneir 20
Eldath 20
Gond 18
Helm 20
Ilmater 22
Kelemvor 20
Lathander 20
Leira 20
Llira 20
Lovitar 20
Malar 20
Mask 20
Mielikki 17 - My favorite character of all time was a Ranger/Cleric of Mielikki. Played him from about 1992 to 2007 off and on.
Milil 20
Myrkul 20
Mystra 18
Oghma 20
Savras 20
Selune 21
Shar 18
Silvanus 20
Sune 20
Talona 20
Talos 20
Tempus 20
Torm 20
Tymora 20
Tyr 20
Umberlee 20
Waukeen 20

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
This week (and the next few weeks to come) featues a list of the deities in the 5th Edition Player's Handbook. Other deities from the 5E Player's Handbook will be done at another time. Deities that aren't listed in the 5E Player's Handbook won't be done at all.
The Dawn War Pantheon is listed in the DMG rather than the PHB, but it’s quite short. Any chance you’d be willing to do them as well another week? Please?

Remove ads