Coming 5e Symbaroum coming to Kickstarter

Johnsson

Explorer
We are happy to announce that our project for bringing the praised world of Symbaroum to 5e is coming to Kickstarter at 3 pm CET (9 am US eastern) on April 13! Sign up at the pre-launch page if you wish to be notified the moment it goes live.

SYM5E_3_books.jpg

BrassDragon

Adventurer
Supporter
Such an evocative setting. I'd really love to run Symbaroum but haven't been able to pitch it successfully... maybe this conversion will give it the mindshare it deserves. Treating the wilderness as if it were as weird, unpredictable and terrifying as the Underdark in tradtional settings is a great hook.

It's tricky though - I feel the deadliness, costly magic and low fantasy nature of the setting was elegantly expressed in the original rules and those things are not a natural fit for D&D 5e as most players know it.

Johnsson

Explorer
It's tricky though - I feel the deadliness, costly magic and low fantasy nature of the setting was elegantly expressed in the original rules and those things are not a natural fit for D&D 5e as most players know it.

Glad you are interested. :)

If you want a peak at how our designer, Jacob Rodgers, have handled these concepts, there is a 90+ page try-out PDF for free download over at DriveThruRPG. Fully playable, including optional rules, an adventure and pre-gens.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases