• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Chronicle of Ice, Luck and Honour - updated 19th December

Cool stuff, as ever, Spider J.

To answer a question you asked a bit further up in the thread: I for one have absolutley no objection to shorter (but more frequent) updates. And it helps keep the thread up one page 1 too. ;)

Looking forward to more ...

Ashy

First Post
Spider_Jerusalem said:
Torious spun on his heel to glare at Mikka with an almost level hatred.
“And you. You shall stay here.”

What happened here??? Was Mikka's player not at this session? ;)

Spider_Jerusalem said:
The few small houses were burnt shells, trails of smoke from the ruins drew lazy charcoal smears in the sky.

WOW...O...WOW. VERY NICE DESCRIPTION HERE, Spider! :) Keep it up! :)

freedoms_edge

First Post
Ashy said:
What happened here??? Was Mikka's player not at this session? ;)

Haha! The great Spider in his web of deceit has fooled you Ashy! Mikka is an NPC character, completely under the control of Spider J.

It was often remarked that Mikka was in fact the Faerunian embodyment of Spider himself.... :p

Hi guys,

Cool stuff, as ever, Spider J.

To answer a question you asked a bit further up in the thread: I for one have absolutley no objection to shorter (but more frequent) updates. And it helps keep the thread up one page 1 too.

Thanks Halforc and I'm pretty much on your side with the thread length. I've hit a good momentum now, so intend to keep shoveling along at this rate.

Cheers for the description-lookout Ashy, you know I love it. And like freedom's_edge pointed out, Mikka was an NPC - and yeah, it was sort of myself in the gameworld. In a way. :uhoh:

so are you caught up to where you stopped on your original thread?

Hey BroccliHead, goo to have you back too. Not quite up to the jump-off-point for the original, but it's getting close, then I would love to know what you guys think of this writing style compared to the more recent stuff.

I just got finished with Chapter Three...great stuff so far. Good character development. Keep it up!

Thanks Munin, nice to have you on board. Hope you enjoy the Eight Blades of Talagbar (and onwards). And yeah, I'm a fan of character development. Adds a bit of weight to that lucky critical to kill whoever that whatevered his wife etc.

Well, Update should be emerging soon.

Spider J

"What in the blazes are you doing?"

The knight didn’t travel far. A bolt from Torious thudded into his breastplate, making the knight lose footing. A split second later, a second bolt whistled from the shadowed Milo and punched cleanly through the falling knights visor with deadly accuracy.

Thalin watched the knight crash heavily to the floor then released his spell, soothing the remaining knight into unconsciousness. With a creaking thud, the second knight folded to the floor.

Thalin stormed forwards, his knuckles clenched white around Erifeci, “What in the blazes are you doing?" cursed the mage, "You said alive!”
“Defending myself. One is alive,” retorted Torious as he crouched next to the fallen knight, “Milo shot him in the face. I was simply halting his attack.”
“I couldn’t see properly!” called Milo from across the village square, hoping to pass on the blame again.
“But you can still shoot.” said Thalin with an angered edge to his voice.

Milo shrugged, and then suddenly jolted upright.
“Wait! Someone is shouting. From the town hall!” Milo cried, darting towards the smoking building. Torious dashed across the square without a moment of thought, whilst Thalin stooped next to the sleeping knight, ensuring his spell was security enough to keep the knight inactive.

- - - - - - - - - -​

The second head of the ettin slowly turned to the side, heavy-set eyes gazed into the trees. The first head gaped straight ahead. It's wide mouth dripped a thick line of saliva to the ground, some ten feet below.
“Uhh,” grunted the ettin’s second head, “Urrrnnng.”

Huge nostrils opened sluggishly, and it's eyes seem to dimly focus somewhere beyond the trees. Thinking for a full minute, the ettin finally began to move. Lumbering over the carcass of a stag unfortunate enough to get caught earlier that morning, the two ugly heads looks down at the huge sleeping form of another ettin.

The ettin ponderously raised a foot and stepped on the sleeping ettin’s face.
After a few moments, the ettin spasmed to life, “Rragrghhhh,” snarled the second ettin as he shoved the first ettin’s foot off and sat up, “Gruhh.”

The first ettin motioned with one head towards the trees whilst the second head spoke, “Urrrnnng… gurrrrn… aaar.”

A tense moment passed as the second ettin tried to understand the first.

Then, after the second ettin stood uncertainly, the two giant figures began to push through the trees, grunting between their own heads or between each other.

- - - - - - - - - -​

Torious burst through the town hall doorway, his eyes quickly shifted across the scene before him. Milo was crouched next to a mound of burnt timbers, his hands scrabbling desperately at the heavy wooden beams. Looking up, Torious saw the roof had entirely collapsed in on itself and the floor was layered with the scattered debris.

The aasimar closed his eyes and prayed to Tyr for aid, his mouth whispering divine incantations.

“TORIOUS! Stop wishing like a fool and help me! People are trapped under here,” grunted Milo as he heaved a smaller beam from the latticed pile.

Ashy

First Post
Spider_Jerusalem said:
Hey BroccliHead, goo to have you back too. Not quite up to the jump-off-point for the original, but it's getting close, then I would love to know what you guys think of this writing style compared to the more recent stuff.

For those of us that DON'T know, where is the original thread???

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads