• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Clash of Earth and Sea, Part II (El Jefe Judging) [Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
Iggy wakes up early, eager for action. "We can finish these guys, I just know it. We have a decision to make, first. Shall we try to descend through the chimney again, or do we head underwater and try to get in there. This decision may influence the spells I want to memorize today. I could turn someone invisible to sneak down the chimney & see what traps they've set. Jack?"

OOC: We need to boot Jack at this point, I guess. We don't have any other good scouts, really, do we?

ooc: Jack will have to come along as an NPC. I'm unwilling to leave you shorthanded for the upcoming battle.

Jack is willing to do some scouting.

Manzanita

First Post
"I can use my clairvoyance to see or hear activity at the bottom of the chimney. My ability to see, though, is limited unless there's light. It's possible that we've weakened them sufficiently that they are unable to properly guard their complex. I don't think any of us relish swimming, so its probably worth a shot to try sneaking down the chimney. I'll prepare several 'haste' spells. These don't last long and don't have much range, so we should stay together until battle is about to start, then I'll cast the spell and we can get to it."

spells prepared:
Level 0 (4+1 div): detect magic(D), light(x2), message(x2)
Level 1 (3+1 int+1 div): True Strike(D), magic missile(x4)
Level 2 (3+1 int+1 div): detect invisibility(D), invisibility, scorching ray(x3)
Level 3 (2+1 int+1 div): Clairaudience/Clairvoyance(D), Haste(x2), Water Breathing

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Jack sneaks down the chimney, and shortly reports back.

"The place seems deserted and ransacked. The Merrow may have retreated from this location. Guess we put some fear into them."

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: I'll assume Iggy did use his clairvoyance spell before sending jackdown the chimney,as that was his plan.

"Oh. I forgot that we weren't able to find a place to attach a rope on top. Perhaps Jack should be the last one down. First Ducane, then Zach, then Charlarn, then Opale, then me, then Jack. The one(s) on top can hold the rope as the others descend. Jack can descend by himself in the end. We'll plan on escaping out the underwater passage with my waterbreathing spell. I should have prepared levitation, but I didn't think it through enough." says Iggy.

Patlin

Explorer
Moving back into the dungeon, you find that Jack's report is quite accurate. It looks like the remaining merrow grabbed up there valuables and left. You feel ever so slightly nautious, though, so whatever force is corrupting the fish in the lake may still be operating. You gradually move further in to the dungeon, with Jack checking for traps as you go.

SlagMortar

First Post
"Don't forget me, Iggy. Sara may be the type to stand around doing nothing while the rest of us have all the fun, but not me," Planus says with a smile.

"Mongrel has given me protection from fire, but I can only ward one of us. Which should it be? If I had been given the blessing last time, perhaps Ducane could have survived the blast from that wizard."

OOC: Sorry, couldn't resist sinc eyou missed Planus. :) Spells prepared are as previously posted.
Planus casts Resist Energy (fire) on one of the warriors. Zack, unless someone objects. Fire resistance 10 for 50 minutes. He also casts longstrider.
0 (DC 13) 5/day: Detect Magic(x2), Light(x2), Guidance
1 (DC 14) 4/day: Bless, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil (x2)
2 (DC 15) 3/day: Resist Energy, Silence, Spiritual Weapon
3 (DC 16) 2/day: Blindness, Prayer
Domain:
1 (DC 14): Longstrider
2 (DC 15): Invisibility
3 (DC 16): Fly

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy has elected not to take his mage armor spell this time, instead deciding to focus on his attack spells. He gulps nervously. "OK. I'm ready. Let's go. Warriors in front."

OOC: Sorry, Slagmortar, for missing PLanus.

Velmont

First Post
Opale cast Mage armor. "I am ready now." She take her crossbow and look her quiver. With the bolt ready in teh crossbow, there is only two left to her. She is hoping there will not be too many fight, and she will have to choose her spell carefully.

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Ready."
Zack has his scythe in hand, though he makes sure the magical greatsword they found early in their escapade is easily available.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads