A couple of Questions

Jackal

First Post
1. If you are under the effect of a waterwalking spell does it allow you to walk on bubbleing tar? If yes will your movement speed be affect while going across it?

2. Will a Circlet of persuasion give a Cleric or Paladin a +1 on his turning undead checks?

Are there any non-custom items that give a Monk extra unarmed damage? Like electricty or fire.

Thanks for any help

Crothian

First Post
1) As long as the tar is in liquid form, you can. I'd have you take fire damage as liquid tar is not known for being cold. And since you walk on it as if it is firm ground, your speed will be uneffected.

2) No. I don't consider turning undead a cha check oir a skill check. It's a turning undead check.

3) Thwere might be one in sword and fist

Caliber

Explorer
There are a pair of Bracers in Magic of Faerun that allow you to enchant your unarmed attacks as if a magical weapon. ie, Impact, Flaming, Icy Burst, Disruption, etc...

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Jackal said:
1. If you are under the effect of a waterwalking spell does it allow you to walk on bubbleing tar? If yes will your movement speed be affect while going across it?

I don't see why not, as long as it's actually liquid. Sounds painful though.

2. Will a Circlet of persuasion give a Cleric or Paladin a +1 on his turning undead checks?

Actually it will give him a +2 on his Turn Undead checks. According to page 139 of the PHB, Turning Check, second sentence, a Turn Undead Check is actually a Charisma Check.

Are there any non-custom items that give a Monk extra unarmed damage? Like electricty or fire.

Thanks for any help

Bracers of Striking from Magic of Faerun will allow you to add weapon enchantments to them that affect your unarmed attacks. They are kind of pricey though.

Last edited:

Remove ads