• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Formal Apology

Archangel_Zer0

First Post
My previous post "Let's Face Facts" was indeed, meant to be a joke - a fairly caustic one, but a joke nonetheless.

I wasn't suprised that it was jumped on quickly with posts of counter-argument or the obvious noting of my blanketing generalizations.

The whole post was meant as an indictment of the type of argument that assumes absolutes without giving regard to possibilities of the contrary. Some people just take gaming (as well as other things) far too seriously, and blow up about someone changing something. My humor was not well moderated (by myself, though I'm sure someone with that title is eventually going to) and planned. I suppose I should have misspelled obvious words, or peppered the speech with more censored curse words, and typed in a far more childish manner and probably should have made a completely assanine argument for something like..... "OH EHM GEE, teh Olidammara's nutgunna b in it?!?!?"...

Either way, my apologies to those that were offended, but rest assured, I don't mean to say that 4th Edition supporters are stupid or retarded. If anything, I should have clarified that it meant non-gamers who wished to become gamers, not long time gamers or die-hard fans.

Take it for what its worth, I'm sorry I done screwed up.

Peace, Love, and Bloodstains,
~ Me.

Archangel_Zer0

First Post
I'll try to curb my rather destructive and volatile sense of humor for future posts - or at least make the joke PG-13 and obvious.... this time it didn't exactly work out for me :\

jollyninja

First Post
My favorite thing about that thread, which I encourage everyone to read with Archangel_Zero's intent in mind, is that I remember seeing hundreds of posts exactly like that before the release of third edition, without the whole "attempt at humor" thing. The more things change......

Michael Dean

Explorer
Archangel_Zer0 said:
I suppose I should have misspelled obvious words, or peppered the speech with more censored curse words, and typed in a far more childish manner and probably should have made a completely assanine argument for something like..... "OH EHM GEE, teh Olidammara's nutgunna b in it?!?!?"...

Or, you know, you could have written something that was actually funny. Just sayin'... :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads