Level Up (A5E) A full list of combat maneuvers

niklinna

satisfied?
oh that is so much better! I am so happy that the previews are not necessarily final as well. Most of the stuff looks amazing, but there are some strange ones here and there
One of the things holding me back from ordering physical books is the likelihood of errata that are easily handled via updates to PDFs. Oh sure you can scribble errata in your physical book, but then you've scribbled in your book!

One of the things holding me back from ordering physical books is the likelihood of errata that are easily handled via updates to PDFs. Oh sure you can scribble errata in your physical book, but then you've scribbled in your book!
ABSOLUTELY THIS! I'd rather wait a couple of months before we get the physical copies, so there's time for erratas to be included, than having an out of date manual just a couple of weeks after I receive it. This should really be a priority

Lucas Yew

Explorer
I'd welcome it very much if the paper books for A5E are printed only after extensive pre-1st printing errata.

It was quite disheartening seeing my N.E.W. v1.1 getting severely outdated in the application of rules...

Staffan

Legend
It is fairly common to use the Kickstarter process as a "bonus" editing/playtesting pass to various degrees. Some companies share pre-layout PDFs at an early stage, which allows backers to have quite a bit of playtest influence – that's obviously not going to happen here, because one of EN Publishing's selling points is that you get the PDFs right away when the kickstarter concludes. Others share laid-out PDFs which restricts backers to typo-catching (because if you were to make bigger changes, that would require reflowing the layout which, if you're unlucky, can take a significant amount of time you don't want to spend).

As a general rule, I think delaying print by a month or two in order to have thousands of eyes poring over the documents in order to catch mistakes is a good idea, but it's not my project so it's not my call to make.

Remove ads