Level Up (A5E) A full list of combat maneuvers

Masha

Villager
I'm curious, are some of these maneuvers accessible to enemies as well? Humanoid ones at least, though I could see them reflavoured onto other enemy types as well.

Faolyn

(she/her)
I'm curious, are some of these maneuvers accessible to enemies as well? Humanoid ones at least, though I could see them reflavoured onto other enemy types as well.
It was mentioned elsewhere (and much earlier) that they are. I have no idea if any monsters come with maneuvers pre-written into their statblocks, though. That'd be cool.

WinnableBadger

Explorer
Based on how A5E seems to be running statblocks, I would think that it is possible to run these NPCs without looking at another book, and also without using needlessly complicated charges or something. I would think that if they can do manuvers, they would be written out and you would not have to worry about tracking exertion. Theres a lot of wriggle room here. Maybe specific manuvers that can be done 1 or X times per day, or maybe manuvers that some creatures can do an unlimited number of times, whether they be for more specific circumstances or for more consistent usage.

Horwath

Legend
We can hold your book back for you and deliver it in 2023 if you like? :)
@lichmaster comment is not without merit. You can send errata of PDFs without any problems. You cannot take back books and ship them out again. I mean, you can, but at what cost.

You could even include minor balance "patches" if you delay printing a month or so, just to get more broad feedback.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
@lichmaster comment is not without merit. You can send errata of PDFs without any problems. You cannot take back books and ship them out again. I mean, you can, but at what cost.

You could even include minor balance "patches" if you delay printing a month or so, just to get more broad feedback.
I fully understood the comment.

Remove ads