A Generic 4E Opinion Thread: Hold the Mushrooms, Please

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
Man, I used to WORK at a pizza place, and I can safely say that, irregardless of how bad arguments on these forums get, I've seen worse there. I've heard DEATH THREATS be thrown over people who couldn't decide on a pizza after coming in. We had to kick one group out because they were starting a fist fight.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Celebrim said:
In the United States, it is the lean ovoid portion of back bacon which is cured and then served much like ham.
And it is one of the key ingredients in a "Border to Border" pizza (the other being jalapeño peppers.) It's my favorite pie.

Cadfan

First Post
I'm pretty sure it goes more like this.

Gamer 1: Thank goodness! Finally, pizza with mushrooms!

Gamer 2: If there's mushrooms, it isn't pizza. Its World of Warcraft and its designed to appeal to people who like to play World of Warcraft, not cool people like me who like real pizza. And I can say this without you contradicting me because I've played World of Warcraft and you haven't. ... what? Why are you looking at me like that?

...that was my saturday at the local gaming store.

maggot

First Post
I feel like posting a poll:

1. I love pizza with mushrooms, I wouldn't have it any other way.
2. I love pizza with mushrooms, but I would have pizza with out.
3. I hate pizza with mushrooms because I've never tried pizza with mushrooms.
4. I hate pizza with mushrooms because although it is tasty, I hate the fact that people want me to like it.
5. I have to post in this poll and refuse to choose one of the above answers even though those are the only four answers possible in the universe.

Let's face it, pizza without mushrooms is severely flawed. You cannot judge pizza with mushrooms until you taste it, unless of course you are saying that it rocks.

Celebrim said:
In the United States, it is the lean ovoid portion of back bacon which is cured and then served much like ham.

It's probably no more Canadian than French fries are French (which are so named not because they are French but because they julienned potatoes, just as julienned green beans are called 'French cut').

And of course, Canadian Bacon is a legitimate pizza topping on American style pizza, but French cut green beans are not and I for one refuse to eat a pizza with French fries and green beans on it. That's not a real pizza even if it has mushrooms.
A thanks. ;)

French Fries on a Pizza? I've heard of that abonimation before, but I refuse to believe it exists!

Well, I am still very much of a plain Pizza without anything but the tomato sauce, cheese and oregano... (Does this mean I'd be a OD&D fan if I ever played it? Who would have thought? ;) )

Honestly, I don't really care that much about mushrooms one way or another. I've already got enough pizza here for a while. When I finish up with the pizza I'm eating right now, I'll consider getting mushrooms.

I just wish the waiter would bring me the extra napkins an refill of Coke that he promissed me 20 minutes ago.

Celebrim

Legend
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
Well, I am still very much of a plain Pizza without anything but the tomato sauce, cheese and oregano... (Does this mean I'd be a OD&D fan if I ever played it? Who would have thought? ;) )

I enjoy pizzas of all sorts: Italian style, Bronx style, Chicago style, you name it. I enjoy pizzas with all sorts of toppings - pineapple, bacon, jalepeno peppers, anchovies, sliced tomatoes, fresh basil, carmelized onions, spinach, zucchinni, shrimp, calimari, just about anything. Most of the traditional toppings I believe you can mix and match pretty much at will.

CleverNickName's mention of a 'border to border' pizza just makes my mouth water.

I even on occassion enjoy pizza with non-traditional toppings or sauces like barbeque chicken, buffelo chicken wings, feta cheese, german fried potatoes, apple pie filling, taco sauce, cheddar cheese, and so forth - although non-traditional toppings tend not to work so well with traditional ones (that is traditional by American standards) and I don't like non-traditional pizza as well as 'old-fashioned' (which in America means older than 20 years) traditional American pizzas.

However, my favorite pizza of all is canadian bacon, pepperoni, hot italian sausage (don't know if it's really Italian, in America it means unsmoked sausage primarily seasoned with anise), onions (vidalia preferably), bell peppers (three colors preferably), mushrooms, and black olives served with a traditional sauce on a thick crust and generously topped with a blend of mozzarella and provalone cheeses, and finished with a sprinkling of dried cayenne and parmesan cheese.

If I had to eat just one pizza, that would be the one. If someone said to me, "Well, I don't like <i>mushrooms</i>", I'd say, "Pick them off." If someone told me, "Well, I just want a plain pepperoni pizza on a thin crust." (the most popular sort in America), then I'd have to say, "It's impossible to design a pizza that will make both of us completely happy."

If you serve a tasteless uninteresting plain pepperoni pizza on a thin crust (not even a coal fired brick oven crust!), then saying something like, "Well, can't you grow your own mushrooms and put them on the pizza?" will only lead me to believe:

a) You don't know anything about pizza.
b) You aren't really interested in having me eat your pizza anyway.

Last edited:

Transit

First Post
I used to buy pizza all the time. Then the only place that I could buy pizza from stopped putting mushrooms on their pizza. Or sauce. Or cheese. They say it makes pizza much more simple and fun if it doesn't have any toppings at all.

I'm going to be making my own pizza from now on.

Aeolius

Adventurer
Transit said:
Then the only place that I could buy pizza from stopped putting mushrooms on their pizza. Or sauce. Or cheese. They say it makes pizza much more simple and fun if it doesn't have any toppings at all.

You're not supposed to eat it, silly! You are supposed to pummel your opponent with it!
p36022b.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads