A Gnome Idea...

Breakstone

First Post
Say, I came up with a keen idea for gnomes in my campaign.

All Gnomes would have metallic-colored skin and eyes.

Here's why:

While Kobolds are decendants of Chromatic Dragons, Gnomes are decendants of Metallic Dragons.

The only real change would be Garl Glittergold being depicted as a Brass Dragon.

What do you think?

What adventure hooks could I develope with this?

josh rotten

First Post
i think thats a great idea i could only see a few problems such as gnomes are trickests and play pranks all the time, most metallic dragons are very regal and nobel, it kind of clashes maybe it it was a gnome subrace thats more pridful and less comedic it would work better

and adventure hooks hmm i can't think of much off the top of my head other then the classic "kobolds fight gnomes for home land" idea but thats not so bad, this little tiff could cause trouble with local comunities of humans (or other races) that see both sides as trouble makers and the party could have to stop the humans from lynching the gnomes.

Gez

First Post
Copper dragons are described as being pranksters.

And Kobolds are LE, so the dragons closest to them would be black and green.

Rasyr

Banned
Banned
I like this idea.... As a matter of fact, I can actually see several clans of gnomes based around each color of metallic dragon, as well as kobolds basced around each of the chromatic dragon colors....

By varying their racial abilities a slight bit (making them more suited to the clan colors), you can create something very interesting.

hehehe I like this idea so much, I just might swipe it for my campaign setting that I am working on.....

Plus, if I combine this with the idea I had of altering the halflings to suit them better for different terrains......

YES!! Thanks for the idea!!

:D

Remove ads