A Keep On The Borderlands: Arrival

Shayuri

First Post
"How many are here would you say, Bastian? Sh'aah?" Arcata shakes her head. "Not enough to lay siege. And our men aren't lax like the beastmen. Even so, I do feel that we should leave."

She looks at Rexun measuringly.

"But first...you're asking us to believe some things that would have some grave consequences and risks as far as our response goes, so it's vital that we can trust your witness. All of it. What aren't you telling us?"

Axel

First Post
"Beastmans?" Sh'aah shrugged. "Can not count what can not see. Dwarfses? Three dozen? Could be twice as many as feasting. Not all be fighting though. Some be cooks. Some be cleaners."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Rexun returns Arcata's gaze.

"You are shrewd, My Lady," he says. "There is nothing that will harm to your fort be causing. When I we are away, the rest I will tell."

OOC: It's getting harder not to make Rexun sound like Yoda!

Kaodi

Hero
"That just leaves the timing of our departure then," say Brother Comoray quietly. "Whether we move immediately and try to catch them off guard that way or wait and see if they let it down after a few hours." The priest takes a moment to think back on what has worked in past battles...

OOC: Profession (Soldier): 1d20+6=22 . Fortunately Yoda is not just a way of speaking, but also a particular tone and voice, hehehe...

jkason

First Post
"If the fey are involved, who knows what forces are really at play?" the Last Lion says nervously. As Comoray muses on when to take leave, the cavalier shrugs.

"They aren't the only ones who will get more tired the later it gets. Unless the blue leader is a fool, I would expect he's making preparations against any betrayal on our end even as we speak. If we're leaving, I think we should do it sooner rather than later."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Bastian keeps an eye of Haxmar as the dwarf makes his way back to the ruined inn. As the discussion in the tower continues, he sees a blue glow appear in the rocks above the inn.

Comoray ponders his options. Traditionally, a few hours before dawn are usually when guards are at their least vigilant, although wether the same holds true with dwarves he doesn't know. Surprise, too, has its advantages. The tricky part will be crossing the courtyard if the escape is to be to the south as it could be made into a killing field by missile fire from the walls at each end.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
"Maybe so," says Comoray. "I am not much liking our odds of crossing to the Southern exit though. Lots of space for crossbowmen to get in their target practice. Too bad the tunnels do not exit directly into here..."

Axel

First Post
"We go north then. Goes close to Dwarf king." Sh'aah shrugged. He really didn't care which direction they moved toward.

Remove ads