• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A lighter touch for moderation?

Doc_Souark

Explorer
You wimps ! I remember in the bad old days of ENWorld and the Mods then, thier chief weapon was
suprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... thier two
weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our
*three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an
almost fanatical devotion to the Morrus.... Our *four*...no...
*Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as
fear, surprise....

LightPhoenix

First Post
One thing that I'm not sure a lot of people realize is that when a thread is closed, if someone asks nicely, the moderators are usually more than willing to discuss the specifics of why it was closed. Case in point, this thread. :)

Because of that, there's a misconception that the mods are trigger-happy, and I don't particularly feel that's a fair assessment. I know the mods have a Super-Secret Mod Forum (tm) in which they do discuss things. While they aren't willing to make everyone privy to the conversations (and naughty pictures) that go on there, I get the feeling that they often discuss moderation, and usually don't mind saying why a decision was made to moderate in a particular way. This holds especially true if you PM/e-mail one of them in a calm and rational matter. After all, one of the biggest reasons that ENWorld's moderation works is because it's not an intangible thing; there are reasons for decisions that are only private knowledge until somebody asks. From that people can get a feel for what is over the line and what isn't, and that allows self-moderation to work for the most part.

Also, because PCat is sexy. Er... :uhoh:

Remove ads