A miniature with heavy flail?

Shag

Explorer
Anyone ever seen (or have) a HUMAN miniature with a two handed heavy flail? Can't seem to find one anywhere. Lots of Gnolls.

Thanks!

Bluenose

Adventurer
I've got some historical minis equipped like that. Hussites, mostly, in everything from civilian clothes to three-quarter plate. And a few generic medieval knights equipped that way too. Old Glory made the Hussites, and I assume still do.

frankthedm

First Post
If you can use a pin vice {tiny drill] and superglue, you can give a flail to any mini you want.

• Miniature's hand
  • Weapon Head
  • Drill Bit
  • Wire bent into loop
  • Necklace chain
  • Superglue or Epoxie
epic.PNG

You can also make the weapon look as in mid swing by holding the mini so the chain hangs in the direction you want, then applying superglue to the chain links. The glue once cured will hold the chain in place barring abuse.

Last edited:

frankthedm

First Post
And if you want the flail to look like it was made of rope, take some wire and twist them together using clamps, vice, etc. How many wires you start with depends on the thickness you are seeking.

wire to rope.PNG

I'd recommend Reaper's Bones line. Find a mini with a flail and a second one you like. Cut the flail off and superglue to the second figure. Paint then done.
The Bonsium the minis are made of takes super glue really well and should hold tight, especially with some paint on. I glued a thin polearm to one mini and it's held up to some punishment.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
You might try checking out some of the Asian-themed mini lines. I know I've seen monks with things like 3-section staves and samurai with tetsubo...something with a 2HD flail might be lurking out there.

MarkB

Legend
You could also look for a figure with a mace or morningstar, and apply some judicious melting to the handle.

Shag

Explorer
Haha Thanks! Wow great replies guys!

Also Frankthedm is about 10 levels higher in craft (mini) than I am.

Last edited:

Remove ads