• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Problem of Nobility or Things that go Bump in the Night (Covaithe Judging)

dimsdale

First Post
Carolina rolls her own eyes as the tears well in the dwarf's. She shakes her head as he continues on with his dirge, and moves to the corner to silently inspect her wound.

Kruk glares at the eyerolling rogue. "You rogues have no loyalty to anyone but yourself!" Tears stream down dwarf's face and collect into his beard. He shakes them off. "But I'll be there to protect you in battle. I hope I can trust you to do the same for me!"

[sblock]
Ha Ha! Conflict between the dwaf fighter and the hafling rogue (mostly caused by the emotional dwarf). I love this!
[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Carolina matches the whining dwarf's glare as she dresses her wound. "I hope you can too, since I've apparently already given you reason to question my loyalty," she says matter of fact. "Tell me, was it the bolt I put in that vile thing that raised the question, or the blade I took in my own back while I was watching yours?"

dimsdale

First Post
The tears are gone now as a new emotion (anger) fills the dwarf's viens as he glares at the rogue who is currently dressing her wounds. The dwarf knows that the rogue is right and has proven her worth, but doesn't like the fact that she called him out in front of the group. Finally Kruk says "Hmmmf...for a little one, you can take a hit. I'll give you that. But I have a strong feeling that this quest is far from over. I'll be watching your rogue...every step of the way. You can count on that!"

He emphasis his last word by smashing his new axe down on top of the chest. As the blade strikes true, a loud clap of thunder along with a brilliant display of lightning charges from the axe. "What the?" Kruk states in total shock. A moment later, "Hmmm...(he nods his head in approval), I didn't know the axe could do that...nice." Then back to the rogue: "Be happy I'm a nice guy rogue, otherwise I'd use it on you."

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
The stoic halfling continues fiddling with her makeshift bandage, and deliberately ignores the dwarf's comments, though she silently wonders what she could have done to raise his hackles in the first place.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek moves over to Kruk and lays a hand on his shoulder. "Easy, Kruk. There's no need to go so far; I don't think she did anything to make us doubt her loyalty."

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk sighs and then states to the palidan: "You're right Raiyek. But I got to tell ya, she has a wicked eye roll...the kind that kind that rips your soul right out. Ya know, it's the way my mother used to look at me when I did something bad." Kruk, chuckles a bit, obviously triggering a flashback of his past when he was a young dwarf lad. "I must make things right Raiyek!"

With that, he steps towards the rogue. "Carolina, it's hard for me to admit this, but I was wrong to call you out, questioning your loyality. You're obviously a vital member of this group. I'm...sorry for my outburst." Staring at her wound. "Looks like he got you pretty good there. Is there anything I can do to help."

industrygothica

Adventurer
Carolina stares at the dwarf for a moment as a million responses flood through her head. She finally settles on a simple one as she hands Kruk her bandage.

"I can't reach it," she says simply. She turns and raises her shirt to expose the wound--and her unprotected back--to the dour dwarf.

[sblock=OOC]If that's not an expression of trust, I don't know what is.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Carolina stares at the dwarf for a moment as a million responses flood through her head. She finally settles on a simple one as she hands Kruk her bandage.[/sblock]

"I can't reach it," she says simply. She turns and raises her shirt to expose the wound--and her unprotected back--to the dour dwarf. [/sbock]

Kruk, smiles and takes the bandage. In a few minutes he does a final inspection of his work and states: "Yes, that should do the trick. Carolina, we live on to fight another day. Thank you for given me a chance to earn your trust. You definitely have mine." He fights hard not to shed another tear, this time not of pain or hurt, but of pride. He turns quickly and heads back to busy himself with inspecting his equipement.

[sblock=ooc]
(in response to Carolina's last occ about trust) You got that right! :)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg sees the team coming together for the first time and clears his throat to get their attention. It seems that we worked well together, but there is definitely room for us to be a more effective team. Perhaps if we work out a signal that Grim or Carolina can give so that those of us that cannot keep silent will know when to come to their aid? Also, I would say that it is my nature to be up close in a fight, unlike other wizards, but as this battle showed, when my allies are too interspersed within my enemies, it is difficult for me to use my full power.

[sblock=OOC]So I had built Georg using the PHB2 with Melee Training, but since I had to remove that, he can't flank well or melee attack anymore. He can still hit with area effects close in and possibly flank, but he needs to get a chance to hit with Blast attacks (watch out fellow melee party members!) It will probably be easier when we can all SEE, but just keep in mind I have close burst 3 and close burst 5 attacks.

Does anyone else have any tactical tips they can share? It seems that Kruk and Raiyek will need to be on the front lines with Grim and Xoc moving around a bit more. Carolina seems the only ranged attacker, though not always...
[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]While Carolina is more handy with a dagger than crossbow, she doesn't take hits well--as is evident by the fact that she was bloodied in one hit, albeit a good one. Still, she prefers ranged combat over melee, but is far from unfamiliar with her dagger.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads