A Problem of Nobility or Things that go Bump in the Night (Covaithe Judging)

Tinwe

First Post
Grim jumps clear of the ladder and runs nimbly down the tunnel and vaults the sewage. Regaining his balance on the far side, he rushes into combat against the ooze, fangs bared.
[sblock=mechanics]
Jump (divide by 5 for moving 2 squares prior to jump) (1d20+4=22) = 4 squares
Move: down the ladder > C3 > D3 > jump diagonal to G6.
Minor: Hunter's Quarry Ooze
Standard: charge ooze, ending in J6:
Melee basic (charge) (1d20+8=17, 1d12+4+1d6=9)[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Sorry about the delay.. I was waiting for Industrygothica yesterday, and today had trouble actually posting on the site.[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]According to my notes, Xoc is in J6 already. Not sure Grim's charge would work, Twine. I will see what renau1g says and maybe he will act for Carolina as well.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Already on guard after noticing the strange currents in the water, Raiyek charges towards the jelly-like cube as it rises out of the sewage. "By the Aegis of Palladys, this monstrosity must be destroyed." In the privacy of his head, the elf adds, And I pray it doesn't destroy me first. He makes a swing at the cube, but the filth covered floor denies him stable footing, robbing the strike of any strength.

[sblock=Lord S]
You know that teh white creature is a Deathlock Wight, Medium Natural Humanoid (undead). It has a claw attack, can fire immobilizing bolts, can reanimate fallen undead allies, and even reveal its horrific visage forcing those near it to retreat
[/sblock]

As Raiyek's attacks on the cube, Kruk charges the nearest undead. He sets himself and swings his mighty axe, the blade bites into the flesh but draws no blood from the foe, although it was clearly injured.

As Kruk hits, the axe strike unleashes a loud clap of thunder with a brilliant display of lightning. "Have a taste of my axe fiend!" Kruk screams as his axe strikes true. Power surges through his views and his armor color quckly changes from a polished jet black to flickering flames of fire.

Xoc springs to action instantly, rushing in after the Dwarf, but slips up in the sewage and pulls himself out, close to the cube.

Meanwhile, Carolina will move a bit closer and fire a bolt at the cube, but the projectile is absorbed by the creature and after a few seconds you see it disintegrate.

[sblock=OOC]
1d20+7=13, 1d6+8=13 * For Carolina*
*Need revised action from Grim and action from Georg.

Init:
Raiyek - 21
Kruk - 19
Xoc - 18
Carolina - 17
Grim - 15
Georg - 12
Enemies - 7
(Everyone get's to go first) Good rolls for you, rolled a 3 for them.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tinwe

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Oops! I missed that Xoc moved to there. It's actually good, though, because I had a better move available.

From G6, Grim will charge the wight. He moves to J6, then jumps to M7, flanking the wight. As a minor action, he makes the wight his quarry (instead of the Ooze). The Ooze gets an AoO on Grim as he jumps.

Jump (divide by 5 for moving 2): (1d20+4=22) 22/5 = 4 squares. Yes, this was a different roll. :p

Can I use my old Charge roll (+2 for flanking), or would you prefer I reroll?[/sblock]

Tinwe

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Oops! I missed that Xoc moved to there. It's actually good, though, because I had a better move available.

From G6, Grim will charge the wight. He moves to J6, then jumps to M7, flanking the wight. As a minor action, he makes the wight his quarry (instead of the Ooze). The Ooze gets an AoO on Grim as he jumps.

Jump (divide by 5 for moving 2): (1d20+4=22) 22/5 = 4 squares. Yes, this was a different roll. :p

Can I use my old Charge roll (+2 for flanking), or would you prefer I reroll?[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg moves slowly forward, his short legs bringing him only a short distance. He whirls his staff and a burst of flame spreads beside the large ooze to engulf it.

[sblock=OOC]Move 5 to G3
Standard action, Scorching Burst on the Cube (centered M3)
1d20+4=15 (versus Reflex) for 6 damage

Georg Stoneburner: Dwarf Wizard 1 Initiative: +0 Speed:5 Passive Perception: 12 Passive Insight: 17
AC: 15 NAD: 13/14/14
HP: 31/31 Surges: 7/9 Surge Value: 7
AP:1 Second Wind:not used
Languages: Common (Allarian), Dwarven
Str:10 De:10 Wis:14 Con:16 Int:18 Cha:10

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands
Flaming Sphere

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]Eh, sorry about that guys. Been off doing other things the last few days and kinda forgot about EN World for a while. Thanks for NPCing Carolina to keep things moving. I'm really sorry about that.[/sblock]

Remove ads