• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Problem of Nobility or Things that go Bump in the Night (Covaithe Judging)

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I believe that is the case. If they don't post by this afternoon, let's have the Grim swing at the cube and Carolina do a move and (ranged or up close if she can reach) attack the zomble. Renau1g, feel free to roleplay their turns. I believe IG is getting her computer fixed. I don't know about Twine. This is a great adventure. I'd like to keep it moving.

[/sblock]

Tinwe

First Post
Grim redoubles his attack against the cube, attempting to finish it off before in consumes another ally. His cry of rage is formless, yet terrifying, and his blades strike deep.

[sblock=mechanics]

Man, I'm sorry guys. I've checked the thread a couple times, but I didn't realize it was my turn. :(

Standard: Twin Strike: Twin Strike (plus Hunter's Quarry if either hit) (1d20+7=21, 1d12=10, 1d20+7=24, 1d12=9, 1d6=4)
Minor: If the cube is still up, Off hand Strike: Off Hand Strike (1d20+7=20, 1d12+4=15)
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I'm going to do Carolina's actions to keep the game moving. Hopefully we can start another rround before Raiyek leaves on his big day.
[/sblock]

Carolina moves as far south as she can, carefully avoiding the cube as much as possible, for that is not her target. She reaches for her crossbow and fires at the zombie...

[sblock=carolina's actions]
minor: equip crossbow
movement: south to I3
attack: Sly Florish with crossbow: to hit: 1d20+7
damage: 1d6+8

Renau1g: IC was down when I tried to roll. Please roll her to hit and damage rolls when IC comes up again.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Roger Doger, I'll get the round updated tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. Been crazy and a holiday weekend up here.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=Enworld Warp Speed!]
Wow...this is great. No problem Renau1g. Now that Enworld is back on target, IC is still down. Time to take out the bag of dice...lol

I'll trust you if you want to use them. I'm sure everyone else wont mind either
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Rollers]
I'll more than likely use the WOTC roller from their site. It simulates the rolls, but I can't link from it. It's my back up for when IC goes down.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Kruk, weakend by the blow he took from the zombie, focuses all of his attention on the cube as he tries the same attack...

Xoc swings wildly at the cube, attempting to redouble his strength, but his blow just falls short of damaging the cube.

[sblock=OOC - LS]
Umm....I still have you in the cube. Kruk pushes 1 square, not two. I think the confusion lies around it being a large creature. My understanding is that it still only goes 1 square, not 2. If I'm wrong can you please point it out to me. If you desire to redo the below I'll allow it.
[/sblock]

Carolina fires a bolt deep into the shuddering cube, causing some damage.

Grim redoubles his attack against the cube, attempting to finish it off before in consumes another ally. His cry of rage is formless, yet terrifying, and his blades strike deep. As the backswing catches the ooze, the creature melts into a pool of slime.

[sblock=Georg]
Feel free to adjust your attack based on your target not being there.
[/sblock]

Seeing the threat of the paladin, the zombie throws a glob of darkness at him, striking him and draining his strength.

[sblock=OOC]
*IG said to fire at the cube. I'll move target to it.
*Raiyek hit for 12 necrotic and cold damage, weakened (save ends)

*Raiyek - weakened (save ends)

Init:
Kruk - 19 <- you're up.
Xoc - 18
Raiyek - 18 (new init)
Carolina - 17
Grim - 15
Georg - 12
Enemies - 7

[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=OOC - LS]
Umm....I still have you in the cube. Kruk pushes 1 square, not two. I think the confusion lies around it being a large creature. My understanding is that it still only goes 1 square, not 2. If I'm wrong can you please point it out to me. If you desire to redo the below I'll allow it.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Cube info]
I looked at your map. The engulfed Raiyek looked to me that he was located in the NW corner of the cube. If the cube was shifted south one, doesn't it free Raiyek. That was my guess anyway. What do you think? :)
[/sblock]

Kruk, charged by the finishing blows Carolina and Grim planted onto the now dead cube, moves forward through the sludge to get to the other side of the sewer ledge in order to get closer to the zombie.

[sblock=actions]
movement: Move to M3. If getting out of the sludge requires an athletics roll: here it is: 1d20+6 = (IC is still down :(...you can roll it Renau1g).

If he makes it to M3 he stands to catch his breath. With shield and axe ready, gets prepared to charge at the zombie next round
[/sblock]

[sblock=Kruk's stats]
Adverse Condition: none
Initiative: +1
Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter Level 2
*Passive Insight 13
*Passive Perception 13
*Senses low light vision
*HP 42 (40)
*Bloodied 21 Surge Value 10; Surges Per-Day 11-1=10
*AC =22
*Fortitude 17 Reflex 13 Will 13 Speed 5
*Save +5 vs. poison
+armor bonuses: resist 5 fire & resist 5 necrotic
*action Points: USED
*Second Wind: 1
basic attack:+1 Thundering Battleaxe: To Hit: +9: Damage 1d10+5: additional 1d6 for a crit
Powers
At will: Cleave, Tide of Iron
Encounter: Passing Attack : USED
Daily Standard: Comeback Strike: USED
Daily Minor: Unstopable:
Daily Free Action: Thundering Weapon (Deal an extra 1d8 thunder damage on a hit and push the target 1 square.) USED
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=Ren]
Yeah, I was under the same impression as dimsdale.

Here's what I thought the course of events was:
The cube engulfed Georg and Xoc here, but I took Georg's place. So the cube was in L,M/4,5, Raiyek was in L4, and Xoc was in L5. Georg thunderwaved Xoc to J7, out of the cube.
Next round, the cube hasn't moved, Raiyek's still in the cube, Georg gets engulfed and is now in L5. Kruk then pushes the cube south to either M,N/4,5 or M,N/3,4, freeing both Raiyek and Georg.

Does that sound right? I could be wrong, I was never exactly sure where Kruk pushed the cube to.

If I was still in the cube on my turn, what my action was could be a couple of things. If the damage from my attack was counted in what made the cube dead later than round, then let's just say I did that so that the cube doesn't magically come back to life. Otherwise, I probably would have used Lay on Hands on myself to heal the 8hp I would have lost to ongoing damage from being in the cube.

Now, what I do now depends on what happened last round. If I was engulfed and attacked, I'd be at 5hp, which would mean I'm unconscious right now after the zombie's attack. If I was engulfed but healed myself, I'm now at 1hp. Likewise, if things went as I posted for last round, I'll now be at 1hp after the zombie's attack.

There, have a blabbered on long enough? :p[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=retcon Georg]I'll just move 2 squares to K3 and throw that same Thunderwave at the zombie, I think it was Fortitude 16 for 10 Thunder damage.

It seems like the fight is over very soon anyway.
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads