• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Problem of Nobility or Things that go Bump in the Night (Covaithe Judging)

N3rday

First Post
Xoc slams his shield into the cube, attempting to dislodge the engulfed Paladin.

[sblock=OOC]
So, if I understand the grab rules right, I use opening shove, shove the cube 1 square south (occupies L4/5 and M4/5), and that should end the cube's grab on Raiyek.
Standard Action: Opening Shove
Opening Shove against Gelatinous Cube (vs. reflex). (1d20+6=22)
Hits 22 vs. Reflex (I assume that's a hit).
One ally I can see can either make a melee basic attack against the target or shift two squares. Can Raiyek make a melee basic attack via Opening Shove when he is dazed? If he can, then he makes the attack unless someone needs a free 2-square shift more.

edit: retcon removal of Inspiring Word use.

Move Action: Move to L3, to set up possible flank with Grim. It looks like Raiyek and Kruk can flank it diagonally as well.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Raiyek is dazed till he's free than the paralytic effect of the cube wears off so yes Raiyek can. I see the push being this way. I am certainly glad you have this power else you'd be in trouble (although Georg has his at-will push as well), but you guys killed my wight before he could really lay the hurt on.
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
As Xoc's push shoves the cube away from Raiyek, the paladin makes a feeble stab at it. "Thank you, orc. May Palladys smile on your valor!"
[sblock=OOC]Basic Attack vs. cube: 1d20+7=8 vs. AC, 1d10+3=10 damage. *sigh* Not sure if there's other modifiers on that, but doesn't matter with a nat 1. For future reference, N3rday, I don't mind if you roll for attacks you grant Raiyek - gotta let you roll the bones sometime ;)

Also, I have to apologize, everyone. Apparently I screwed up on Raiyek's hp. I counted the ongoing damage twice, and then said I healed 7 for my surge value when it's actually 8. With Xoc's inspiring word I'm at 31, without it I'm at 21. You can save the inspiring word if you want to.

HP Breakdown:
33 at the start of the fight
-12 for cube's crit
-8 for ongoing on my turn
+8 for second wind
= 21 hp[/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 2
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19; Low-light vision
AC:21(23), Fort:16(18), Reflex:17(19), Will:16(18) -- Speed:6
HP: 21/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges Left:6/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Last edited:

N3rday

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

All right Raiyek, I retconned my post to reflect your new HP - I won't use an Inspiring Word, so I am still at 2 for this encounter. Looks like we're in good shape in the survival department for now. :D

[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Round updated in post 288. Of course I rolled the high rolls for the rats (who I forget about at the beginning of the encounter (bad DM)
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Did you mean North according to the compass on the map, or is North the top of the map? ;)

Also, how is everyone doing for hp? Remember that Raiyek has touch-ranged healing with Lay on Hands, if you need it.[/sblock]
Raiyek dodges to the side through the muck as the cube tries to capture him again, analyzing its movements for a moment. "Ha, there it is!" he cries as his blade slashes the cube, alight with the holy power of Palladys. "Can the rest of you handle those rats? I'll keep this thing occupied!"
[sblock=Actions]Move: shift 1 square west, flanking the cube with Kruk. (Elves can shift in diff terrain.)
Minor: Hunter's Quarry on the cube. The cube remains my quarry til the end of my next turn.
Standard: Holy Strike vs. cube: 1d20+7+2=28 vs. AC, 1d10+6+1d6=17 damage.

And of course, I only realize now that the weakening is "save ends". I'll toss out an extra save for Grim next round if he still needs it.[/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 2
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19; Low-light vision
AC:21, Fort:16, Reflex:17, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP: 21/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges Left:6/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk, working in tandum with Raiyek, seizes the attack opprotunity on the cube. He swings his mighty axe at the cube...

[sblock=attack]
minor: none
attack: 1d20+9+2 (flanking with Raiyek) = 26
damage: 1d10+5 = 14
movement:
[/sblock]

"Yesss!" Kruk shouts as his axe slices through a chunk of the cube.

[sblock=Kruk's stats]
Adverse Condition: none
Initiative: +1
Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter Level 2
*Passive Insight 13
*Passive Perception 13
*Senses low light vision
*HP 42 (41)
*Bloodied 21 Surge Value 10; Surges Per-Day 11-1=10
*AC =22
*Fortitude 17 Reflex 13 Will 13 Speed 5
*Save +5 vs. poison
+armor bonuses: resist 5 fire & resist 5 necrotic
*action Points: USED
*Second Wind: 1
basic attack:+1 Thundering Battleaxe: To Hit: +9: Damage 1d10+5: additional 1d6 for a crit
Powers
At will: Cleave, Tide of Iron
Encounter: Passing Attack : USED
Daily Standard: Comeback Strike: USED
Daily Minor: Unstopable:
Free Action. (Deal an extra 1d8 thunder damage on a hit and push the target 1 square.) USED
[/sblock]

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
Carolina quickly drops her malfunctioning crossbow and draws her dagger once again. As the dog-sized rats dance around her, she finds an opening and plunges her blade deep into one of the beast's feral skull.

[sblock=Actions]I typically don't assume a hit when posting an attack narrative, but I figure this one was a pretty safe bet. Let me know if I'm wrong and I'll amend.

Sly Flourish, 25 vs. AC of Rat4 for 13 damage.

Rolls:1d20+7=25, 1d6+8=13[/sblock]

[sblock=Carolina's stat block]Carolina- Female Halfling Rogue 1
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 9
AC:17, Fort:11, Reflex:17, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:18/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:7/7
Initiative +5
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Sly Flourish, Deft Strike, Positioning Strike, Blinding Barrage
[/sblock]

Remove ads