• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Problem of Nobility or Things that go Bump in the Night (Covaithe Judging)

N3rday

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Heh, I actually was not aware that minions did static damage. :erm:. Good to know. So...it's the enemies' turn, right? [/sblock]

Last edited:

Tinwe

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Well, I never got my question about positioning answered, so I held my fire. Looking back through the thread though, you had Kruk in the right position but not Grim. I was in L7 in the map you posted before this last one with him at , and I don't think I've been moved. I'll post my turn as if I'm in L7.[/sblock]

Grim blanches as the sewage hits and saps his vigor. He charges the cube, slicing at it with his long blades. "By Pan, kill this thing before it swallows another of us!" and with a grunt, Grim throws off the invisible necrosis weakening his body.

[sblock=mechanics]
Grim is at 19/30 hp.
Move: Climb up to M7, move to M6
Minor: Quarry the Ooze
Standard: Twin Strike (half damage for Weakened)
Twin Strike (1d20+7=23, 1d12=10, 1d20+7=8, 1d12=1, 1d6=3)

23 and a natural 1. If the 23 hits, cube takes 6 damage.

Save vs. Weakened: (1d20=13)[/sblock]

N3rday

First Post
Xoc turns and slashes the rat with his broadsword before leaping into the sewage and facing the cube.

[sblock=OOC]

Standard Action: Viper's Strike (1d20+6=17, 1d10+4=7) hits AC 17 for 7 damage - rat is deaded!
Move action: Move to K6
Minor: none, I guess, if no one needs a heal.

note: so guys, make sure you check out some of my powers, a lot of them let me shift you around, but of course it would take forever to ask people if and where they want to shift. If someone could use some clever positioning from one of my powers, let me know and I'll use it. [/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Xoc- Male Orc Warlord Level 1
Adverse Condition: None
Initiative: +2
*Passive Insight: 9
*Passive Perception: 9
*Senses: low light vision
*HP 26
*Bloodied 13 Surge Value 6; Surges Per-Day 9
*AC = 16
*Fortitude 15 Reflex 13 Will 14 Speed 6
**action Points:1
*Second Wind: not used
Basic Attack: Broadsword +6 vs. AC 1d10+4 damage
Powers
Ranged Basic: Handaxe +6 (1d6+4) (ranged)
At will: Opening Shove, Viper’s Strike
Encounter: Nimble Footwork, Inspiring Word (2, 1 used), Warrior’s Surge
Daily Standard: Lead the Attack
[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg flinches at the attack from the rat, taking the blow well for a wizard and turning to face it. Away foul creature, there are deadlier threats than you here. Another slam of his staff unleashes a wave striking it and tossing it aside. He moves towards Raiyek slowly looking for an opening to hurl fire. Clear away from the cube! He moves next to the paladin and fire bursts from his hands, engulfing the cube and zombie.

[sblock=OOC]Standard Action: Thunderwave that will hit Rat 1 and 3
1d20+4=12 vs Fortitude Rat 1, 1d20+4=17 vs Fortitude Rat 3, 1d6+4=8 Thunder damage
Perhaps I killed Rat 3, but at least I push it 2 squares diagonally away from me (where are the map numbers/letters?)

Minor action: Second Wind to heal 7 brings me to 28/31 hp
Move action: Move to K4 (do I have to roll Athletics to hop down?)
Action Point: Burning hands from L4 against both targets
1d20+4=22 (vs Cube's Reflex) and 1d20+4=8 (vs Zombie Reflex) for 2d6+8=13 Fire damage
I get +4 damage from Xoc's class feature, so I added that after the roll.

Georg Stoneburner: Dwarf Wizard 1 Initiative: +0 Speed:5 Passive Perception: 12 Passive Insight: 17
AC: 15 NAD: 13/14/14 (all +2 for Second Wind)
HP: 28/31 Surges: 6/9 Surge Value: 7
AP:0 Second Wind: used
Languages: Common (Allarian), Dwarven
Str:10 De:10 Wis:14 Con:16 Int:18 Cha:10

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands (used)
Flaming Sphere

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Raiyek dodges to the side through the muck as the cube tries to capture him again, analyzing its movements for a moment. "Ha, there it is!" he cries as his blade slashes the cube, alight with the holy power of Palladys. "Can the rest of you handle those rats? I'll keep this thing occupied!"

Kruk, working in tandum with Raiyek, seizes the attack opprotunity on the cube. He swings his mighty axe at the cube...

"Yesss!" Kruk shouts as his axe slices through a chunk of the cube.

Xoc turns and slashes the rat with his broadsword before leaping into the sewage and facing the cube. He doesn't even wait to see it split in half as the blade drives it down the middle.

Carolina quickly drops her malfunctioning crossbow and draws her dagger once again. As the dog-sized rats dance around her, she finds an opening and plunges her blade deep into one of the beast's feral skull, the vermin falls over dead.

Grim blanches as the sewage hits and saps his vigor. He charges the cube, slicing at it with his long blades. "By Pan, kill this thing before it swallows another of us!" and with a grunt, Grim throws off the invisible necrosis weakening his body.

Georg flinches at the attack from the rat, taking the blow well for a wizard and turning to face it. Away foul creature, there are deadlier threats than you here. Another slam of his staff unleashes a wave striking it and tossing it aside. He moves towards Raiyek slowly looking for an opening to hurl fire. Clear away from the cube! He moves next to the paladin and fire bursts from his hands, engulfing the cube and zombie. The zombie ducks into the muck, protected from the wizard's fire, but the ooze has nowhere to go.

Carolina feels the sting as another bite from the rodent pierces her armour.

The cube launches two tendrils from its body out and they wrap around Xoc and Georg, drawing them into the form.

The zombie grabs more sewage and hurls it at Raiyek, but the elven paladin easily sidesteps the toss.

[sblock=Lord S]
How much damage from Divine Challenge?
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
*Sorry Grim, missed that before.
Carolina takes 3 more damage

Xoc and Georg were hit (26 & 24 Ref respectively) by its engulf power

Ooze - Marked by Raiyek
Xoc - Dazed ongoing 8 Acid
Georg - Dazed ongoing 8 acid

Init:
Raiyek - 21 <- you're up.
Kruk - 19
Xoc - 18
Carolina - 17
Grim - 15
Georg - 12
Enemies - 7

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]5 radiant damage to the cube for Divine Challenge.

I just realized I've been missing my utility power in my stat block! So, I'm going to use Martyr's Blessing so that Raiyek is engulfed instead of Georg. I'd like to save Xoc instead, since he has less hp (oddly enough), but I can only save an adjacent ally. Anyway, I figured this was better than just trying to kill the cube before it digested you both, since Georg can push the cube and I cannot.

Also, I just realized that Kruk can use Tide of Iron to push the cube off of us. Pretty please? :)[/sblock]
"No!" Raiyek yells as the cube reaches out to engulf his two comrades. He leaps in the way of the tendril aimed at Georg, getting captured in the wizard's stead.

Caught in the acidic jelly of the cube's body once again, this time Raiyek ignores the pain and stabs his sword through the top of the cube and slashes down the side, silently calling on Palladys to empower his sword and heal Xoc.
[sblock=Actions]During Cube's turn: Immediate Interrupt: Martyr's Blessing on Georg. Raiyek is engulfed, Georg is not.
-------------------
Start of Raiyek's turn: take 8 ongoing acid damage.

Delay until after Xoc's Carolina's Xoc's turn, so the healing from Paladin's Judgment doesn't get wasted.

If I'm still in the cube when my turn comes up:
Standard: Paladin's Judgment on cube: 1d20+7=24 vs. AC, 3d10+3+1d6=20 damage, and Xoc Carolina Xoc can spend a healing surge.

If Kruk pushes the cube off of us before my turn comes up, I'll post a different action since the healing from Paladin's Judgment would be wasted. Pretty sure Kruk missed, unfortunately. I'm done being undecided now, promise :)[/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 2
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19; Low-light vision
AC:21, Fort:16, Reflex:17, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP: 13/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges Left:6/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment, Martyr's Blessing
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=Raiyek and Renaulg]
I will attempt to use tide of iron. However, am I still able to push the cube in difficult terrain? Also, does the power work on foes larger than myself? I'll do it anyway and find out the answer soon enough if I hit.
[/sblock]

Kruk watches in horror as the vicious cube engulfs more of his companions. He screams in rage "Begone vile cube of death!" He swings with such force with the intent of damaging and moving the cube.

[sblock=actions]
I hope I'm still flanking someone. Does the person Raiyek swithces with change spots with Raiyek.

movement: none
minor: none
attack: tide of iron: 13 (I noticed that the roll was typed in as 1d20+7+2 on IC. Please add +2 because my attack roll should have been 1d20+9+2. This would give me a 15, which hopefully is a hit.

damage: 1d10+5= 15 plus I move the cube one square south (hopefully freeing my companions)

[/sblock]

[sblock=Kruk's stats]
Adverse Condition: none
Initiative: +1
Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter Level 2
*Passive Insight 13
*Passive Perception 13
*Senses low light vision
*HP 42 (41)
*Bloodied 21 Surge Value 10; Surges Per-Day 11-1=10
*AC =22
*Fortitude 17 Reflex 13 Will 13 Speed 5
*Save +5 vs. poison
+armor bonuses: resist 5 fire & resist 5 necrotic
*action Points: USED
*Second Wind: 1
basic attack:+1 Thundering Battleaxe: To Hit: +9: Damage 1d10+5: additional 1d6 for a crit
Powers
At will: Cleave, Tide of Iron
Encounter: Passing Attack : USED
Daily Standard: Comeback Strike: USED
Daily Minor: Unstopable:
Daily Free Action: Thundering Weapon (Deal an extra 1d8 thunder damage on a hit and push the target 1 square.) USED
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads