• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A question to my fellow Europeans

Westwind

First Post
Deities and Demigods just showed up today.

Then again, Dragon Lords of Melbinoure (sp?) is on the new release shelf too....

Dragons are way behind and terribly over-priced (7€ plus)

But, Shadowrun and White Wolf releases seem to be much closer to the US release dates. Of course, the current publisher of SR has ties in Germany and these 2 games seem to be much more popular here than d20.

Steven McRownt

First Post
Loegrimm said:
Even in Italy MotW arrived two months after the American release.
After MotW the distribution system simply collapsed! The reason can be correlated with the legal dispute between WoC America vs. WoC Europe. Last week the WoC changed the distribution system for my country but i didn't see any new products or magazines.

I will go a little further on what my fellow italian said (Ciao Loegrimm):

There's a publishing company that have the exclusive right to translate to italian Wotc products. It's "25th Edition". If they decide to translate aproduct, we can even wait five to six months to see that product, and they will not distribute the english version (they're the only one that have the right to do that) fearing that they will not gain too much with their work.

There's a light at the end of the tunnel though. There's a store that decided to not be slave of this company. They usually prepare some order by post in accordance to "our" request, then the price will be calculated converting dollars in Euro (not Euros, remember that!). In some weeks i could have the same things that you have. Of course no chance to see Alderac or Moongoose products...:mad:

.....And leave your hope before even thinking them for Dragon....

Steven McRownt

ps Loegrimm there will be a D&D 3rd edition tournament here in Rome. Will you be there?

pps I am trying to post this reply for the third time. It will be the good one?

Loegrimm

First Post
Hi Steven McRownt,

No, I'm no sure to blame the 25th Edition for the poor distribution in Italy. I'm working for italian company in the game sector no correlated with d20 and sometimes I found some useful information "behind the curtain". Frankly I buy all my WoC products in English and I'm not much interessed in italian products. My idea is that Wot is no really interested in oversea distribuition 'cause their main target is the american market. Cleary the 25th prefers to sell italian products but it'snt a big company and the other retailor can buy the D&D directly from the USA.
Anyway, speaking with the other european mates, i think the cause of the irregular distribution is more general and no only a problem with local distributor/publisher

UD

First Post
*Cuddles Faiths and P's and Stonghold builders guidebook*

I got em a week ago from my usual store www.leisuregames.co.uk I also have had Judge Dredd RPG for over a week, but havn't been able to brag due to an inability to post. Pants.

Darian Damas

First Post
WotC distribution delays

WotC's distribution problems seem to be roughly the same for whole Europe. The products reach Sweden at least one month after the release in the U.S. On some occasions it has been approximately two months. I know some retailers get their stuff through Britain. Others order directly from the states.

I know the shopkeepers are hesitant to order WotC stuff since they never can tell when the products will arrive. I've been given the advice not to order WotC modules since the store cannot promise to deliver within reasonable time. That's good service from the store, but not from WotC. Slowly, the European D&D community is turning away, looking for other, more responsible (and "responsive") RPG producers.

Anyway, I am not happy with these constant delays!
They really give a sour taste to the whole D&D thing.

It's May 31st today. Faith and Pantheons has made it into the catalog of one (out of four) stores in my area, but it hasn't arrived in shop yet.

I ordered directly from WotC once, but that's way too expensive.

Gorath99

Explorer
Haven't seen any WotC products since Masters of the Wild around here, and that one was several months late.

This really, really sucks!

Loegrimm

First Post
It's clear that there's a general distribution problem for the Europe. My only hope is that the WOtC changes her attitude for the european market or within few year D&D will be relegated in a small segment of the game business.

ps: Steven McRownt, i will not came at Rome for tournament but I will play at Pisa the first week of July. It seems that the D&D has found new supporter in our country!!

Scharlata

First Post
Hi!
I'd like to bring some light into Darkness :eek:). It's true that WotC Distribution has been slow for the last products. I've heard that the European Distribution Division hasn't delivered Dragon Magazine #293 to Germany neither. So I'd to search the net to lay hand on 3 copies that cost me a fortune ;o). A friend of mine bought the Deities and Demigods 3 weeks ago, so it seems to me that the products are available again here in Cologne.
Have fun, Scharlata

Remove ads