• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

covaithe

Explorer
"I don't see anything," Tommy answers, casting a protective spell.

ooc: mage armor. Is there any cover available in the room? If so, Tommy will head for it.

[sblock=spells prepared]
Spells per day: 4/4/3
Save DC: 14 + spell lvl
0: Mage Hand, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
1: Mage Armor, Unseen Servant, Grease, Magic Missile
2: Scorching Ray, Prot. from Arrows, Web
[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
To enter the passage, you would have to crouch or crawl. Peering inside, it's very dark. Only about 10' back, it hits a T-intersection, the walls barring vision.

(OOC: What are you guys using for a light? Tommy doesn't have light prepared.)

Tommy takes a defensive position, expecting something bad. Perhaps rightfully so, since...

Initiative please.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Tarag got a 7

Suddenly you hear scuffling in the passage way. Tarag is the first to see something, but he can't quite make it out. Then it becomes clear: A cloaked man wielding a crossbow emerges from the secret passage.

[sblock=Tarag: ]Something is strange about the way the cloak is sitting on this man. You can't tell what, but something's not right.[/sblock]

Combat begins

Keldar...

Tommy...

The cloaked man...

OOC: Fimble and Tarag will go after the cloaked man.

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=OOC: ]Once again, I have forgotten about my poor Fimble. Do I have any volunteers to take over playing him during combat?

His sheet is here.[/sblock]

Map!

Attachments

• Cellar.jpg
    Cellar.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 236

Boddynock

First Post
OOC: Since we have the lantern lit, and Tommy didn't ask specifically for a light spell as well, can Tarag take his prepared action, to cast Burning Hands (as per post #629), when the strangely cloaked figure appears?

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]No, it's not possible to ready an action until initiative is rolled.[/sblock]Keldar whips out his weapons, but gets his elbow caught on a shelf.

OOC: natural 1.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The cloaked man's crossbow goes off, and the bolt thuds into a cask. A faint smell of fine wine reaches your nostrils as blood red liquid leaks out of the hole.

He then lurches to the side, trying to get some cover.

(That's a whole bunch of attacks of opportunity, 2 for Tarag and 2 for Keldar, I think.)

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to explain the map!

Brown splotchy spots are difficult terrain and provide 50% cover. Stairs are also difficult terrain. The S is the secret door, and passing through it requires an extra 5' of movement.

Remove ads