A supposedly great thing that I'll never watch again- Great media that left you cold

Zardnaar

Legend
Before I was cooking meth in New Mexico ....

Babylon-5-405-25-24-Bryan-Cranston-Ericsson.png

I was a Space Captain!

Heh yeah. We noticed it a lot with Stargate, Babylon 5 and Trek.

Alot of those actors turn up later in Warehouse 13/Continuum/Sanctuary/ Stargate Atlantis etc.

Colm Meany has been in everything;). Trek, Stargate, Hell on Wheels. Actor who plays Q in trek turns up in Stargate iirc.

MarkB

Legend
Heh yeah. We noticed it a lot with Stargate, Babylon 5 and Trek.

Alot of those actors turn up later in Warehouse 13/Continuum/Sanctuary/ Stargate Atlantis etc.

Colm Meany has been in everything;). Trek, Stargate, Hell on Wheels. Actor who plays Q in trek turns up in Stargate iirc.
The big ones in Stargate for me are Ben Browder and Claudia Black from Farscape. Plus, of course, General Hammond (Don S. Davis) was in Twin Peaks.

TheSword

Legend
I’m making a list of the many people who have seriously dropped a notch in my estimation on account of having no taste or sense of humour! Rick and Morty? May god have mercy on your soul.

For me it’s Firefly... friends raved about it. I thought it was dire.

... and American Horror Story, and Hollywood, oh and Ratched...

Mad_Jack

Legend
Oh hell, I could start an entire thread about spotting actors in bit parts... (Hmm, maybe I will someday...)

Assassin's Creed... I started playing the first game, and it just didn't do it for me. And I've never felt any inclination to try to get back into it or any of the later games.

I also never got into the real-time resource management games, so I never really played Command & Conquer, Warcraft, Civilization, etc.
Or first-person shooters.

South Park never held much interest for me, as that's just not my type of humor - which also rules out pretty much all Adam Sandler movies and most Jim Carey movies for me as well.

I never felt any need to watch The Big Lebowski or Big Bang Theory.

I'm one of those folks who watched Joker and thought it was just meh.

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
Firefly and Red Dwarf. Mostly because after Farscape got cancelled, we dedicated 'scapers were all jonesing for some good sci-fi, and everyone kept recommending these two series as tonal kindred spirits. They are not. So even though my wife loves Red Dwarf and made me watch all of it, I could never get into it. And I just don't get what's supposed to be so great about Firefly or Serenity at all. (This was also when I rewatched the original Star Wars trilogy and thought for the first time in my life, "Huh, maybe Star Trek is better than Star Wars after all." Or maybe that's just what happens when you get older.)

I might also add Babylon 5 to that list, except that I couldn't stay awake through the first episode of Babylon 5.

2003's Battlestar Galactica just seems lab-grown to bug the crap out of me in every way as a fan of 1978's Battlestar Galactica.

As a fan of Star Trek and Star Trek: The Next Generation, I find Deep Space Nine to be incredibly dull and dreary and Voyager to be just god-awful; but I dearly love Enterprise and will die on that hill.

Zardnaar

Legend
Firefly and Red Dwarf. Mostly because after Farscape got cancelled, we dedicated 'scapers were all jonesing for some good sci-fi, and everyone kept recommending these two series as tonal kindred spirits. They are not. So even though my wife loves Red Dwarf and made me watch all of it, I could never get into it. And I just don't get what's supposed to be so great about Firefly or Serenity at all. (This was also when I rewatched the original Star Wars trilogy and thought for the first time in my life, "Huh, maybe Star Trek is better than Star Wars after all." Or maybe that's just what happens when you get older.)

I might also add Babylon 5 to that list, except that I couldn't stay awake through the first episode of Babylon 5.

2003's Battlestar Galactica just seems lab-grown to bug the crap out of me in every way as a fan of 1978's Battlestar Galactica.

As a fan of Star Trek and Star Trek: The Next Generation, I find Deep Space Nine to be incredibly dull and dreary and Voyager to be just god-awful; but I dearly love Enterprise and will die on that hill.

Heh we're watching TNG. I'm liking it but the wife is quite liking it (we're not trekkies). I like DS9 more than her.

She liked Stargate SG1 as well and it's because she likes the exploration side of things and that carries over to TNG.

Skipped to season 3 though based on others advice.

Remove ads