• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A swarm of Orcs?

Aeolius

Adventurer
One character in my undersea campaign is a swarm, of sorts. I decided that, when a covey of hags is simultaneously slain in the presence of their hag eye talisman, the item absorbs some of the covey's powers and takes on a sentience of its own. It then transforms into the likeness of the nearest animal or vermin of Fine size and begins to attract the creatures which it resembles. To date, I have devised the sea haggle and sky haggle.

The sea haggle is a Fine Damselfish Hivemind (Swarm, Aquatic), utilizing bits from BoVD and the v3.5 MM. Thus, as it adds members to its mass, it advances as a sorcerer.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Actually, the swarm rules would be perfect for tiny monsters like the 1e jermalaine. You could also use it to simulate the horrible swarming of gibberlings.

esorek

First Post
The Monster's Hndbook by FFG has a swarm template that does exactly what you want and would probably be easier to implement then using the swarm type from the MM/FF.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads