• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

a Theonering.net report: Dragonlance, the Movie

Speaker

First Post
All right, I'm not exactly a fan of the series. I have read all many if not all books set in the Dragonlance world, but that's more because I'm a speed-reader who runs out of fantasy books and libraries all too quickly, then the fact that I particularly enjoyed them.

But, based on the recent threads about D&D movies, I feel that this should not be missed.

The following was posted on www.theonering.net website yesterday. If this is already common knowledge, blame the time zone I'm in :).

A Heads-up for Dragonlance Fans
8/20/02, 1:32 pm EST - Tehanu

Slightly off-topic, but seeing as how there's bound to be Dragonlance fans among our readers, we'll pass on Alatar's news from the Tracy Hickman newsletter, which announced "The film rights for Dragonlance HAVE been optioned and that the project is proceeding although we are not able to give any details at this time."

So, one more piece of wood for the fire. And all the more reason to continue discussion on who should direct the next D&D movie. Enjoy.

Last edited:

Ranger REG

Explorer
Hmm. Should I be skeptical about the report being on a LOTR movie fan site? I mean how many of those Tolkien (Purist) fans actually like Dragonlance?

Personally, I like both as they each have a unique style, but I wonder if Tolkien Purists have snickered at DL fans even accusing Hickman and Weis' literary work as ripoffs.

Then again, maybe I'm paranoid. Gotta take my meds. :p

It'll be a awhile but I do hope that a DL movie will be produced within the next 5 years.

Speaker

First Post
My apologies; a thread on this subject already exists. Go to that one instead, I insist. It's titled News of a Dragonlance movie.

I must have been one of the last ones to post to the general forum before the mods tookover and swept everything into this one. My mistake :).

Remove ads