• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Warlock Alone, Island Empire solo game

J. Alexander

First Post
Ships at SEa

"Captain there is a foul plot afoot to disrupt the empire, I fear the attack on your ship is just one ploy as a result from thier plot at the Masque of the Golden Grotto. Please send word to your fleet captain that he must warn his captains to expect the unexpected and that these attacks may very well happen to others as well....it seems as it the disruption of commerce is going to happen after all"

OCC: Yeam ME...scotley time :)

Scotley

Hero
"I shall get the word out to Lord Tarkington. He has several ships at sea just now. It will take time. What do you think is behind the attack then? I don't get the reference to a plot and a Masque did you say? That seems passing strange."

J. Alexander

First Post
Ships at Sea

Michael will then tell the Captain of the events at Mermaids Rest.."This story is for Lord Tarkington and not for general distribution Captain, so please relay it to him when you can..if he has any doubts he can verify it with Lord Tanis Argons who fought beside me and saw the creatures. As to who, that i do not know.......i wish i did"

Scotley

Hero
Captain Grayson pales as Michael tells his tale. "I've long known that Masques were dens of inequity and that Mermaid's Rest was a nest of pirates and scoundrels, but I'd no idea that such devilry could go on in the heart of the Empire when the two came together. I shall keep this tale of woe to myself, for even if I told it there are few who would credit it."

J. Alexander

First Post
Ships at Sea

"That is the crux of the problem Captain Grayson, who in their right mind would belive such a tale unless they have experienced a portion of it"...Michael says..."But then again maybe i am too suscipious but i have seen nothing but trouble result from it...and best to be safe than sorry"

Scotley

Hero
Captain Grayson

"Something in the way you tell that story has a ring of terrible truth to it. I will relay the information as quickly as possible. Now Captain, I really must see to my ship unless you've something further?"

J. Alexander

First Post
Ships at Sea

"By all means see to your ship Captain. Signal use if we can be of further assistance...we will take the hulk under tow and be just off your starboard beam should trouble arise again"

Michael will then take his leave of the man..see that the crew is on board his ship, that the hulk has been patched and rigged for towing and the 1001 preparations necessary. While they are waiting on Captain Graysone, Michael will order some of his men over the side to check the hull of the ship to make sure there are no suprises......

Scotley

Hero
It takes several hours to get a full set of sails aloft on the mainmast of Grayson's ship, inspect the hulls, rig for towing and distribute crewmen. The little fleet is soon moving slowly northward. By mid-evening, Grayson's ship is able to keep pace with the best speed the Retribution can make while towing the hulk. Having had some practice at this, the crew does a better job than at the start of the previous attempt. By mid-morning they have all the system worked out and are making good time. At this point Grayson's ship is under full sail as well and you are making slightly better than half normal speed.

J. Alexander

First Post
To Bornholm

Michael and the fleet will make the cautious voyage to the Northern Capital. Durning the time he wil interview the pirates to determine any strange goings on etc.....

Scotley

Hero
After confering with Chandar it seems likely that at least one of the captured pirates was a leader of some sort. At least the rest of the scum seem to defer to him.

Remove ads