• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Warping of the Blood

Erekose13

Explorer
*Finished casting spells of protection, Scinathar turns to Balthazar, "I think you might be right, does anyone up here have rope? I do not believe that I brought any on this journey."

RillianPA

First Post
Lord Balthazar D’still y Aybara de Silva - Spryte

"Yes, of course, I have some rope."

*Balthazar reaches into his tiny, Spryte sized, backpack, and begins to extract yard after yard of rope. Finally having removed a good 50' of fine silk rope he says:*

"Well this is all I have, will it reach the bottom? Also, I'm not strong enough to hold the rope while some of the party members climb, especially my giant companion."

Jolmo

First Post
Ke'ch'rhal, Dracha

*After finishing his search for clues, Ke'ch'rhal goes to help with the rope.*

"I will hold the rope with you, but the giant might need to go last, so that the human can aid as well."

*He takes hold of one end of the rope and kicks the rest of the coil over the edge.*

RillianPA

First Post
Lord Balthazar D’still y Aybara de Silva - Spryte

"Very well, hold this for a moment while I zip down and let them know to climb up."

*Balthazar hands the rope over to Ke'ch'rhal and then goes at full speed (x2 movement down flying, and run flying) coming to a dead stop 6 feet above the heads of the rest of the party*

"Good day gentlemen and ladies. We have discovered an extensive network of caves above, and our companions above would like to extend an invitation to join them. Ah yes here is the rope for you to climb. Since we will be holding the rope up there Ke'ch'rhal suggests that Raff come last, so that there are as many people as possible to hold his weight. I suggest that you go one at a time and take great care, we are in no particular hurry at the moment. See you at the top."

*Assuming no one asks any questions, Balthazar flys up at full speed (only run flying speed :( ) back to the top of the rope.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Raff eh? Interesting name...Anyway, you plan makes good sense Balthazar." Vayj replies, staying with Soevi and intending to fly up as she climbs in case there is another attack--faen on ropes are more vulnerable than when they have a lot of space to escape on the ground.

[OOC: Vayj looks around carefully for trouble, and if all is safe, he will simply Aid Another Soevi on her Climb checks to give her that extra +2]

Erekose13

Explorer
"Thank you for the use of your rope Balthazar. Ke'ch'rhal please let me help you draw up those below." offers Scinathar, grabbing hold of the rope to help hold it while the other non-mojh below begin their climb.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*With some effort, all of the group manages to get up the rope. Soevi chooses to levitate up instead, citing faen muscles were not meant to haul oneself up a cliff face. There are three deep caves that extend into the mountains here. A quick examination of the entrances shows that the most debris is in the left-hand one, while there are more scratches in the middle one. The right-hand one seems to be the cleanest.*

Last edited:

ender_wiggin

First Post
"Ah, yes," says the giant, upon hauling his body onto the ledge. He was breathing a little heavier, but for the most part those who watched him ascend had more concern for the rope breaking then for him losing his concentration or strength.

"Thank you. Shall we proceed?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The stench is fairly strong in the left-hand cave, stinking of offal and rotting meat. In the middle there's a scent of dead things mixed with musk. The right-hand cave smells faintly damp and of clean earth, with a faint hint of musk.*

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hmmm..." Vayj ponders, "I think we may find gruesome corpses in cave #1 and clawed monsters in cave #2. Anyone else starting to think that cave #3 would be a good first choice?"

Remove ads